Vitabiotics Pregnacare Conception Tablets

Vitabiotics Pregnacare Conception Tablets

Review of "Vitabiotics Pregnacare Conception Tablets"

published 15/12/2011 | G0ldenbrown
Member since : 13/12/2011
Pro All in one, Easy on the stomach, Suitable for vegetarians, Slow release formula
Cons More expensive than some alternatives
Side effects
Strength

"Getting off to a Good start"

My Husband and I have been trying for a baby for 6 months and have recently invested in these tablets rather than plain old Folic Acid. I’ve heard some very good anecdotal evidence for their use but only intend to comment on my own experience.

What they contain

These tablets give you the recommended 400mcg of folic acid which helps to maintain healthy foetal development in the early stages of pregnancy.

Antioxidant minerals with natural vitamin E –Vitamin E is an essential nutrient, important for helping maintain healthy skin, nerves, heart and circulation, muscles and red blood cells. This contains a low recommended dietary intake of 20mg. This is present in the natural form which is better absorbed by the mother and transported to the foetus than synthetic vitamin E.

It also contains N-acetyl cysteine and inositol which can help with conception and egg release

It has added Zinc and Vitamin B12 which helps to maintain reproductive health and help to support a healthy conception.

How are they taken

It is quite simply one tablet a day, taken with your main meal (so I take mine at night) with a cold drink. The tablets are quite big, slightly larger than an average multi-vitamin and HUGE compared to a folic acid tablet so if you have issues swallowing tablets this may be a consideration.

Effects

Well, I’m not pregnant yet! But I have not been using them for very long so I think they need a bit longer to be effective. I’ve certainly seen a difference in my general wellbeing which, in my mind, can only be attributed to these tablets as nothing else has changed. My hair is extra glossy and my nails are loads stronger so they must be doing something for me! I definitely think that these are worth the money compared to a simple folic acid tablet as the benefits of the other ingredients are great.

Full Ingrediants list

Magnesium 60 mg 16
Zinc 15 mg 150
Iodine 140 mcg 93
Copper 1000 mcg 100
It’s also worth mentioning that these tablets ARE suitable for vegetarians and are NOT tested on animals.