helen1903... 5

helen190390

About me: Thank you for all the rates and kind comments <3

Member since:30.11.2011

Where there's danger, there's a Space Ranger!

09.05.2012

Advantages:
Great Buzz action figure with lots of play time .

Disadvantages:
rather too ear piercing and no off button

DurabilityExcellent

2. charlsayslol
  3. Myredpip

Our Story with Buzz Lightyear:
==============================
We welcomed Buzz to our family on April 30th this year.
He soon found his buddy Woody when Hollie opened him up on her birthday.

My daughter Hollie is mad on Toy Story at the moment (which you will possibly see in the reviews to come!) and her hero is Buzz Lightyear.
I always had a bit of an anger towards Buzz as I felt bad for Woody in the films.

On the weekend before her birthday, I pulled the Buzz Lightyear I had bought for her out from the Disney store bag it was hiding in from the wardrobe and wrapped him in the most expensive toy story wrapping paper. (£1.25 a sheet and this needed 2 sheets! yes my heart sank a little)
I wanted her to feel the experience that Andy does on the movie where he opens Buzz from a box wrapped in Buzz wrapping paper.

I bought the Power up Buzz Lightyear from the Disney store for £25.
He is a Toy story 3 edition (just the box is different yet the actual action figure is the same).
I suppose it's like when a band bring out their album again but with an added track or a new album cover and call it limited edition when it's just the same old one just with a bit of extra fluff.

Buzz Lightyear was my dream toy as a child. I was born in 1990 so when Toy Story 1 came out, I was 5 but I didn't watch it until the second film had come out four years later and it appeared on the TV.
Of course I begged my Dad to buy me a Buzz or even a Woody but I always came away with something else which would give me much more hours of fun.

Buzz Lightyear action figure:
===================================
Buzz Lightyear is a loved character from Disney Pixar movie Toy Story.
The film Toy Story 1 came out in 1995, Toy story 2 came out four years later in 1999.
It started to become forgotten about for boys toys until the news of Toy Story 3 coming out 11 years on.
It took over toy world once again with new characters coming on the scene and those too are available to purchase!

Our Buzz Lightyear was a last minute purchase.
I was shopping with Hollie's grandparents whilst she went away on holiday for the weekend with her Dad and we stumbled into the Disney store.
I had been looking at him on-line and the £45 price tag was just ridiculous for a child's action figure toy.
I spotted the Toy Story section straight away and looked around for something to buy for Hollie as a present for her birthday which was coming up.
I picked Buzz up and held my breath to see how much he would cost.
£25? "this must be a mistake!" I thought to myself.

I basically ran to the till to pay for him and was over the moon with my purchase and Hollie would get what she wanted.
Her grandparents has bought her Jessie and Bullseye and my grandparents had bought her Woody (which I have already reviewed).

On the day of her birthday, she got the biggest shock to see the toy she had wanted for months when she ripped the paper from him.
The first words to come from her mouth were "To infinity, and beyond!!!!".
I honestly thought she was going to cry she was so excited!

What does he do??:
=========================
Make a bloomin' racket that's what!
It's so so loud and doesn't have an off button! I have to make sure he is tucked away out of "tripping over" reach every night as if I set him off, it would definitely wake her up.
It's one of those toys you have to get used to. He says short quotes like:
"where there's danger, there's a space ranger!" and "watch out or I'll shoot you with my lazer"
But there is also the God awful song which is on the loop.
The song is the "action" theme tune when he is fighting Zurg at the beginning of Toy Story 2 when Rex is playing the video game. (and yes, I did write this off memory as I have been subjected to watching these films on a loop for the past 4 months).

He has his Blue, red and green buttons on the front of his outfit which is what is pressed to get him to talk. The big red button opens his wings at the back of his body. He also has his lazer on his right arm which lights up when pressed and make the "pew pew" sound when it's going off.
I've been blown up a few times by Buzz's lazer a few times if I deny Hollie a chocolate bar. Her and Buzz both get a little angry for that.

Buzz has all the detail on him like from the movie. He has his helmet which will go up or down, the wings open and close and they even expand. His legs and arms bend up and down and round. He is made from plastic and I would say is a bit too heavy to be a child'd toy. He is totally worth the £25 though and we are keeping the box to make sure one day Hollie may sell it on when she's old and wrinkly.

Comments:
==============================
What I was slightly dissapointed with was that he didn't come with Andy written on his foot. The Woody doll we have has his name written on the bottom of his foot so it's a real shame Buzz doesn't have the same.

When purchasing this Buzz, you will need scissors or a knife to get him out.
It took me around 10 minutes to get him out of the box whilst being begged by Hollie "can I have him now please" or "are you finished?".
Maybe if it's for a gift you could open it all up first and cut all the ties and tape off to make your's and your childs lives so much easier!
The back of where his wings are comes separately and will need clipping on. It's quite a quick job so it's so problem.

I would still rate this toy 5/5 even with the loudness.
My daughter would rate is much higher if she could as she loves him very much.
we've had a few tears and she want's to take him to bed and the first night she did and kept waking up from head butting him.

Thanks for reading my review!

Helen190390

Pictures
Vivid Imaginations Toy Story Talking Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger, Pixar Toy Story Collection DSCF9281 - Vivid Imaginations Toy Story Talking Bu

Jake_Speed 10.05.2012 23:59