Review of "Volkswagen Polo 1.3"

published 28/10/2006 | imagine072
Member since : 28/10/2006
Pro Cheap to run
Cons Poor paint and expensive car insurance
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Resons to buy/not buy a polo"

I bought my Polo to originally learn in back in April. It was okay to start off with, but then I didn't drive it for a while. When left to stand Polo's like mine (1995) fade, rust and the battery goes flat.

Although my car is 11 years old, its a fantastic runner and since I passed my test I've done nearly 5000 miles in it. It starts first time every time, and warms up quickly. It's easy to drive, and a very enjoyable ride. It's comfy, and easily maintaned.

A few points to consider:
Red on Polo's fades easily, mines a matt red and takes a lot of polishing,
If you buy a 3 door hatch back then the doors are extremely big and heavy (I shut my hand in it earlier) and I am forever squeezing into it as there is no room in spaces.
The 1.3 is good, but because mines done 124,000 miles it struggles at 75-80.

It may be a good idea to buy a newer one, I've found that cheaper car insurance is really not the best reason to buy a 95 Polo

• ailuj34 published 28/10/2006
    Hi, as below.
  • Nar published 28/10/2006
    Welcome to Ciao! A good start here but needs a lot more info particularly when Seat's Ibiza is also based on the same platform. Im surprised you say theres not much room in the Polo; it had a lot more space than its rivals when it was first launched but the majority of reasons to why Polos are preferred is simply because of the build quality and spec. Both of which you could add more detail on; future consumers will get a closer look from your review with more details - also what about boot space? Do the rear seats split? Safety? If you update your review let me know.
  • salem_witch published 28/10/2006
    Sorry for the low rating. It's a good start but if you wanted higher ratings then you need to say more. For example, what's the fuel consumption like? I personally don't need to know this as I have a Polo as well but anyone researching cars would need to know this to make an informed decision. My advice would be to read around other car reviews and you'll see what I mean. If you edit this in any way let me know via my guestbook and I'll happily re-read it for you.