WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN 1 TB

WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN 1 TB

Review of "WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN 1 TB"

published 31/10/2015 | JRCarter
Member since : 29/06/2015
Two uni reports finished and submitted, only one left to go! And on another note, i'm very close to an orange dot, lets just hope Ciao lasts long enough for me to reach it!
Pro durable, reliable, great capacity
Cons none
Memory / capacity
Reliability
Design
Ease of Installation

"Another excellet hard drive by WD"

Introduction

Upon joining university I made the decision to upgrade from my 500gb external hard drive to this, 1tb hard drive. Whether or not I was a little optimistic as to the amount of work I would complete during my studies, to warrant a 1000gb device is not the point of this review. So far this product has served its purpose and functioned exceptionally well, exactly as good as its predecessor, which I reviewed not too long ago. Since purchasing it when I started uni I have made sure to carry it with me everywhere I go. Being able to store every piece of work, every article and paper, and every programme I require has been incredibly useful, and I haven't even filled a quarter of the hard drive's brilliant capacity yet.
Memory / Capacity

This hard drive has a total capacity of 1TB, which is 1000gb, in other words, a hell of a lot of space. I opted for the 1tb product because I have completely filled my 500gb WD hard drive, and thought the increased capacity would fulfil my needs throughout my university studies, and I was right. Iv'e been using this device for over a year and its not even a quarter full. I can't imagine there are many people that would fill a 1tb hard drive very quickly, unless you download A LOT of movies, or a lot of computer games/ programmes. To give you an idea of just how big the capacity of this product is, 1000gb can hold:
- 700+ movies (depending on the size of the specific files)
- ~2 million pictures
Needless to say, I certainly can't see myself filling up this external hard drive any time soon. I currently have ~50 movies, a few hundred songs, a few hundred pictures, and a years worth of work/ lectures stored on my device, and there is still more than enough room.
Reliability / Durability

Like my previous external hard drive, made by the same company, I have had absolutely no problems with the reliability or durability of this product. There has never been an issue with the functionality of the device, or the sturdiness of its design. It is small, compact, and has withstood a fair few drops, as well as daily use for over a year, and shows no signs of breaking or causing me any problems any time soon.
Ease of Use

This product requires absolutely no installation or set up. As you would with any USB stick, you simply plug the hard drive into the USB slot and away you go. You can create folders, drag and drop files etc within seconds of plugging it in; it really couldn't be simpler. The speed of the device is excellent. OI have never had any problems with slow file transfer, and the device has never caused my computer to freeze - which is surprising seeing as simply opening excel can cause my laptop to freeze. I do believe the current version of this product has a USB 3.0 connectivity, which is, I'm guessing, faster than 2.0? Unfortunately, I would not notice the difference between the two, but this device has worked brilliantly and without fault since the day I bought it.
Price

I managed to find this particular product on Amazon.co.uk for ~£40 at the time of purchase. The price of this product can range from £40-70 depending on offers/ place of purchase. In my opinion, £40 is rather expensive, but it is a good price considering the price of similar products, of the same capacity; which fall in the same price range. This device is of excellent quality, and gives me the impression it will last a very long time, just as my previous WD external hard drive did/ does. The cheaper, similar products tend to be of lesser quality, offering less durability.
Final Comments

The small, compact and durable design of this device makes it brilliant for carrying to and from school/ work, or for use on the move. It has never failed to work properly and effectively for me, and has an excellent capacity, that I do not believe I will ever completely fill. I strongly recommend this product to anyone who requires additional storage space for a large amount of movies, pictures and programmes. However, I feel 1tb may be too large and a little unnecessary for the average consumer, and a smaller 500gb hard drive would be the cheaper and more suitable option.

• justarube published 21/09/2016
    VH x
  • shellyjaneo published 16/11/2015
    vh x
  • danielalong published 14/11/2015
    Vh

Product Information : WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN 1 TB

My Passport offers high capacity in a sleek portable drive. It features ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity; compatibility with USB 2.0; automatic, backup software; and password protection and hardware encryption to help protect your files from unauthorized use. There's plenty of room to store all your photos, music, movies and files.

Product Description: WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BBK - hard drive - 1 TB - USB 3.0, WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BBL - hard drive - 1 TB - USB 3.0, WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BSL - hard drive - 1 TB - USB 3.0, WD My Passport WDBBEP0010BRD - hard drive - 1 TB - USB 3.0

Type: Hard drive - external ( portable ), Hard drive - external

Capacity: 1 TB

Interface: USB 3.0

Data Transfer Rate: 5.0 Gbps (USB 3.0)

Features: Hardware encryption, Hardware encryption, NTFS formatted

Power Source: USB bus

Enclosure Colour: Black, Metallic blue, Silver, Blue, Red, Midnight black, Cool silver

Dimensions (WxDxH): 8.2 cm x 11.1 cm x 1.9 cm

Weight: 194 g

Localisation: Middle East, Africa, Europe

Microsoft Certification: Compatible with Windows 7

Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years warranty

General

MPN: WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN, WDBBEP0010BBL, WDBBEP0010BSL-EESN, WDBBEP0010BBL-NESN, WDBBEP0010BRD-NESN, WDBBEP0010BRD-EESN, WDBBEP0010BBK, WDBBEP0010BBL-EESN, WDBBEP0010BSL, WDBBEP0010BSL-NESN

Device Type: Hard drive - external ( portable ), Hard drive - external

Depth: 11.1 cm

Height: 1.9 cm

Weight: 194 g

Performance

Interface Transfer Rate: 5.0 Gbps (USB 3.0)

Expansion & Connectivity

Interfaces: 1 x USB 3.0

Power

Power Source: USB bus

Software & System Requirements

OS Required: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista, Apple MacOS X 10.7 Lion

Miscellaneous

Cables Included: 1 x USB cable

Compatible with Windows 7: "Compatible with Windows 7" software and devices carry Microsoft’s assurance that these products have passed tests for compatibility and reliability with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.

Compliant Standards: RoHS

Localisation: Middle East, Africa, Europe

Image Colour Disclaimer: The image of the product displayed may be of a different colour

Manufacturer Warranty