Wacom Intuos3 A4 USB - mouse, digitizer, stylus

Wacom Intuos3 A4 USB - mouse, digitizer, stylus

Review of "Wacom Intuos3 A4 USB - mouse, digitizer, stylus"

published 27/10/2009 | Infinite7
Member since : 27/10/2009
Pro Precision. Natural drawing flow. Shortcut keys. Quick setup.
Cons Can get confused with 'Netscape' and the like; zooming, rather than panning up and down the page.

"Wacom Intuos3 A4 Tab. - The annoyed photoshop user's Holy Grail!"

I've owned my wacom for a few years now to help me at university. So far I've had no problems and it's helped me no-end.
Before using the tablet I struggled editing in Photoshop with my laptop touch pad and optical mouse. Having a pen, helps create a natural flow as if drawing on paper. Obviously though, the enhancement of the quality of your digital media will depend on your initial drawing ability. - So don't expect to become Da Vinci overnight.
However, the tablet is also a tremendous help for editing photographs. Whether, airbrushing photos or cutting pieces in/out; having the to-the-millimetre precision is a brilliant help that a mouse cannot deliver. In this case drawing capability isn't too essential; more a steady hand.
When looking online at tablets I did at first have my reserves about drawing on my desk with the effect showing on my screen. I considered getting an all in one tablet with a screen. In the end though, I am glad I got this one and I got along with it well from the start. (Nothing to do with the price of an all-in-one!) The edition I got also came with an Airbrush pen which really does give a fairly realistic feel and control of a real airbrush, although I wouldn't say it is essential as you can use the pen to the same avail.

Facts Summary!

- Easy Installation.
- You get Painter Essentials 3 free!
- Adapts the thickness and tone of line - respondent to pressure.
- Doesn't take up too much space! - Fits neatly onto my drawing board!
- The shortcut keys and scolls are (or at least to me were) surprisingly handy.
- Lets you sit back and relax with you tablet on you lap. - Depending on you monitor size and your eyesight! You may want to lean in for detail.
- Aesthetically pleasing - Looks a treat on my desk.

Hope this helps :-)

Product Information : Wacom Intuos3 A4 USB - mouse, digitizer, stylus

The A4 tablet size is perfect to provide a 1: 1 mapping ratio for most monitors and is ideal for artistic styles that need full arm motion. It features ExpressKeys and Touch Strips on both sides of the active area to accommodate left- and right-handed people. The Intuos3 A4 comes with the cord- and batteryless Intuos3 Grip Pen and the ballfree, cord- and batteryless Intuos3 Mouse to make the most intuitive input system for your computer.

Product Description: Wacom Intuos3 A4 USB - mouse, digitizer, stylus

Device Type: Digitiser

Dimensions (WxDxH): 44 cm x 34 cm x 1.4 cm

Connectivity Technology: Wired - USB

Movement Resolution: 5080 dpi

Accuracy: ± 0.25 mm

Features: Programmable buttons, pressure sensitive pen, scrolling wheel

Cables Included: 1 x USB cable - integrated - 2.5 m

OS Required: Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows XP, Apple MacOS X 10.2.6 or later

Microsoft Certification: Certified for Windows Vista

Expansion / Connectivity

Interfaces: 1 x USB - 4 PIN USB Type A

Miscellaneous

Cables Included: 1 x USB cable - integrated - 2.5 m

Certified for Windows Vista: Certified for Windows Vista software and devices have undergone compatibility tests for ease-of-use, better performance and enhanced security.

Included Accessories: Pen stand, nibs (5 pcs.)

Pricing Type: Academic

Software / System Requirements

Peripheral / Interface Devices: CD-ROM

Software Included: Drivers & Utilities, Corel Painter Essentials 2

Listed on Ciao since: 23/01/2005

This page moved permanently here: http://www.ciao.co.uk/Wacom_Intuos3_Stylus_Digitiser_Mouse__Review_5875531