VampirePr... 5

VampirePrincessLizzy

About me: Getting back into the swing of things :)

Member since:08.02.2006

It's Not Waggs It's Joshes!

23.04.2012

Advantages:
Cheap, Josh likes it

Disadvantages:
Only seem to find it at Wilkinsons

Food according to Life Stage

and a further member
  1. sandemp
  2. CelticSoulSister
  3. shell72

I have a very fussy Chocolate Labrador called Josh and buying his food can be somewhat of a task as he is very fussy. When I have spoken about Labradors to friends/family they always say how loveable they are and how ‘not fussy’ they are with food and will eat anything. Well certainly not the case with my Josh!

Wagg Complete Sensitive Dog Food:

‘Wagg Complete Sensitive is a premium complete dry dog food with chicken and rice. This diet has been carefully formulated to help dogs with diet related allergic reactions to wheat, dairy and soya’
My Findings:

Josh on a morning will have one tin of wet food but for his afternoon tea he will have dried food. I personally would like him to have dried for morning and afternoon but he doesn’t! The complete food is already set with what the dog needs in the way on nutrition.

I first came across this food last year and as some foods don’t suit Joshes stomach reading the packaging I thought this would be a good idea to try. When I first came to give some of this food to Josh he knew it was different and was sniffing at it first. However he soon started to tuck in and licked his bowl clean.

Now something I guess you will have to see to believe if Josh knocks some food out of the bowl and onto the floor he will not pick it up. I haven’t a clue why as dogs, all ones I have known anyway don’t really care if there food has fallen on the floor! But the first time he ate this and some went on the floor he actually picked it up off the floor!

This complete food is smaller than most other dried foods I have used in the past and has a good mix of ingredients, however all the bits looks the same. I think that is why Josh likes this one so much as there are a two main flavours going on for him, chicken and rice both of which he loves.

The packaging I personally think is really girly so I guess it is good that dogs are colourblind or so they say anyway. You can certainly spot it as it is bright pink; it comes in a tough paper bag that you have to carefully open the top corner so you can pour out the contents. On the package it has a guide which tells you how much to feed your dog depending on its size.

I’m happy with this food for Josh as it has omega 6 and good fats, which are great for to aid the digestive system, his skin, coat, healthy teeth and gums plus his nails. I haven’t really noticed much difference in his coat if I’m honest but I always use a conditioning spray anyway.

I have used this one and off for over a year now and Josh doesn’t have any stomach troubles from this what so ever. Plus more importantly for me Josh really seems to enjoy this one. I just wish they would bring out another flavour as all they do in this range is chicken and rice.

Price and Availability:

You can purchase this in two sizes 2kg and 12kg bags I get the 2kg bag which the latest cost me £2.14 from Wilkinson’s. I only get the smaller bags as Josh alternates between 2 different foods, as he isn’t keen on having the same thing 2 days running – Fussy!
Overall:

Overall I am really happy with this complete food, Josh likes it and it certainly is good value for money. As this 2kg bag will cost around the £2 mark other will cost me in the region of £7/8. So not only good for Josh but money saving for me.

Five out of five stars from me.

Thank you for reading.

Additional Information:

www.waggfoods.co.uk/about_wagg.aspx

Wagg is not really a top of the range animal food company but it is certainly one I like, they don’t use any artificial colours or flavours in their pet food and source raw materials locally or nationally, within the UK. I do like to keep British if I can they have been going for 25 years now which I was surprised at because I have only seen this brand over the past few years.

Ingredients -
Maize, Meat Meal, Chicken Meat Meal (min 5%), Rice (min 5%), Porridge Oats, Beet Pulp, Digest, Poultry Fat, Linseed, Minerals, Yeast (0.1%), Citrus Extract (0.04%) & Yucca Extract (0.01%) Vitamins: Vitamin A (E672) 10,000 iu, Vitamin D3 (E671) 1,000 iu, Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol acetate) 90 iu, Vitamin C (ascorbyl monophosphate) 40 mg. Trace Elements: E1 Iron (iron III ferric oxide) 1000mg, E2 Iodine (calcium iodate) 2 mg, E4 Copper (cupric sulphate pentahydrate) 10 mg, E5 Manganese (manganous oxide) 50 mg, E6 Zinc (zinc oxide) 40 mg, E6 Zinc (zinc chelate) 60 mg, E8 Selenium (sodium selenite) 0.1 mg. *Colourants, Antioxidant, Preservative. *Colourants - from a mineral source found in nature. Protein 20%, Fat Content 9%, Crude Fibre 3%, Crude Ash 8.5%, Omega 6, 1.9%, Omega 3, 0.4%

Pictures of Wagg Complete Sensitive Dry Dog Food
Wagg Complete Sensitive Dry Dog Food Josh Eating - Wagg Complete Sensitive Dog Food
Josh said sorry I can not turn around for your photo, I'm eating!

AnneLorraine1 30.04.2012 17:52

Exceptional review

supersonic75 30.04.2012 09:51

E! x

louisechackett 25.04.2012 09:48

You know I might try the whole wet food in a morning and dry and dry later for Jess! x