Review of "Wahl 300 SERIES/3000-0494"

published 09/11/2005 | CarlG
Member since : 18/05/2005
Pro Cheap, good quality, Good Results
Cons None
Ease of Use
Adjustable?

"Cutting It !"

Several years ago I noticed that shockingly for one in their mid twenties my hair was starting to disappear, so in an attempt to try and disguise this I took to having my barber give me an all over #2 shave. This soon progressed to a #1 with the result that every 2 weeks or so I would spend about 20 minutes waiting in the barber, then 5 minutes in the chair only to be relieved of between £5 and £6

It wasn't long before I got fed up of wasting both my time and money and decided to invest in a hair clipper of my own, preferably one which was produced by a well known company and is reasonably priced so I opted for the Wahl 300 Series.

The clipper came in a nice although not overly sturdy carry case in which there was the clipper, 8 'combs' (grades 1 to 8) which are used to vary the length of the cut /shave, a pair of scissors, a lightweight brush for cleaning up, some oil for the clippers and a video demonstrating how to use the kit to implement a few basic cuts.

The clippers is easy to use, just select the appropriate 'comb' (or for a really close cut use it without a comb attached), clip it on top of the clippers, set the small lever on the side (this lets you increase the cut length by half a grade), plug into the mains, flick the rather firm clip on the side and away to go. The clippers is just like the ones used in the barbers and is quite heavy and just as noisy as the ones the barbers. They are easy to use and give a good result. Cleaning is easy, just brush and blow away and loose hairs, apply a little of oil supplied and replace the supplied guard - the coil up the cable and put it all back in the case.

I have had the clippers for several years now and it has served me very well, saving me plenty of time and money as the clippers only cost £20. I did however drop it an break one prong off the clipper, however this does not seem to make any difference to the cut it provides.

• mattygroves published 10/11/2005
    My husband is tonsorilly challenged, and so my daughter (who is 14) uses clippers to cut his hair (he goes for the number 3, though) - my daughter is better at it than I am, so I leave the job to her. But just like you, when he finally decided to go shorter, he resented paying the barber to do so. Cheers!
  • cornishman30 published 09/11/2005
    Use one all the time, quick, easy and saves a lot of money.
  • gayna1979 published 09/11/2005
    Good review. We bought a set years ago to do my other half's and my brothers hair. It's saved them loads of time and money, just means that I have to do it for them every week. Gayna x