Wake Me Up Maxwell House

Wake Me Up Maxwell House

Ground Coffee

Review of "Wake Me Up Maxwell House"

published 08/12/2001 | Pelenya
Member since : 06/05/2001
Pro Delicious, numerous varieties, reasonably priced
Cons None known

"Wake Me Up Again Maxwell House"

I'm laughing as I sit down to write this opinion. You see, I had suggested Maxwell House ground coffee as a product on which to write. The title of my opinion was going to be "Wake Me Up, Maxwell House." However, Ciao has now given Maxwell House coffee the product name: Wake Me Up Maxwell House. Why am I not surprised? Ciao seems to have gone pear-shaped lately!

To get on with the opinion itself, I'd like to start by saying that I am a coffee lover. I like Expresso, Cappucino, Latte, and literally all types of coffee. In the morning, however, it's strictly the regular ground coffee that I make in my Mr. Coffee that gets me off to a rip-roaring start and ready to face the day.

Maxwell House has long been a favorite in this country. It's an old standby that my grandmother used when I was just a child....so, that should tell you that it certainly has been around for quite a number of years. At that time, however, there was only the standard blend in the blue bag.

Within the last eight to 10 years, Maxwell House has expanded their line of coffees to include Master Blend, Slow Roast, French Roast, and Columbian Supreme. All are quite satisfying, but I must say that my two favorites are Slow Roast and Columbian Supreme. Both of these varieties are a little richer than the others. I would have to say that the Slow Roasted coffee has no bitterness at all, where one might find just a hint in the Columbian Supreme.

These coffees make the early part of my morning bearable and actually make me feel human. Obviously, I am not much of a morning person. At least knowing that there is a cup of this heavenly brew waiting for me makes getting out of bed a little more enticing.

For those who prefer decaffeinated coffees, Maxwell House makes most of their flavors in decaffeinated versions. I cannot notice a huge difference in the taste of the decaf ones. Also, there is a Maxwell House Lite, which has one-half the caffeine as the regulars.

An 11-oz. vacuum-packed bag of Maxwell House ground coffee costs approximately $2.29. This is a reasonably-priced brand, in keeping with other comparable brands, such as Folgers and Chock Full O'Nuts.

If you are a coffee lover, as I am, and you'd like a good start to your day, Maxwell House coffee is a great treat to wake up to. And it is truly "good to the last drop," as it says on the package.

• craigy2040 published 26/06/2002
    Good op. Craig.
  • danieletheridge published 09/12/2001
    A great op, and LOL at the category name! {d*e - 1 Year}
  • kazziebears published 08/12/2001
    Hi here! Nice to see you on the top 20, guess we will both be here for a while the way things are at the mo! I am more of a tea drinker myself but I do like the odd coffee, peferring Maxwell House too. Nescafe seems to be more popular here but MH is what our hospital serves the patients! Nice op! Kazz x