Walls Soft Scoop Light Vanilla Ice Cream

Walls Soft Scoop Light Vanilla Ice Cream

Review of "Walls Soft Scoop Light Vanilla Ice Cream"

published 17/06/2010 | punkessy
Member since : 07/08/2006
My names Sarah
Pro 33% less fat!! but still fantastic taste
Cons more expensive!
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Walls soft scoop light vanilla ice cream was unusually nice!"

Walls Soft scoop light vanilla ice cream was an accidental purchase I made whilst rushing around morrisons during my weekly shop. I have always purchased the original walls vanilla soft scoop but now i'm not going to look back.
So I was unpacking my shopping and was extremely devastated to realise i'd bought the wrong ice cream. The main reason was that with most 'light' products they never taste right.
Finally I got round to finding time to try this product and I have to say I prefer it to the original. It was so much nicer and found myself considering topping up my bowl. Tut Tut. The reason being is that it wasnt as sweet and generally knowing it was 33% less fat made me feel even better for enjoying this little indulgence.

Easy to scoop . Tastes amazing. only problem is it doesnt last long enough :)

Anyway enough of me ranting about my addiction lol.

Average price for a 2L tub of this ice cream is £1.92. However the most expensive i found was £2.20 from Morrisons.

------------------------------ ----------------

Sugar- 10g
Fat- 4g
Saturates- 2g
Salt- 0.1g

As you can see from the comparison the light option is definately much better for you than the original.. Obviously this is only good as part of a healthy balanced diet.

You can taste the difference in sugar content. The light option is not as sweet as the original which I find increases the quality because things that are too sweet often become sickly after a few mouthfuls.

Hope you found this review helpful =)

• charlsayslol published 19/06/2010
    Welcome back to Ciao. All you really need to improve your ratings on this review is to say more! Some more information on exactly how it tastes, the size and the price for example would make this helpful or very helpful.
  • Clurbur85 published 19/06/2010
    Yummy! I love ice cream in the sunshine!! ...welcome back to Ciao! xx
  • reddragonflame87 published 19/06/2010
    Perfect for the hot summer!