Warburtons Crumpets

Warburtons Crumpets

Food, Drinks & Groceries

Review of "Warburtons Crumpets"

published 20/01/2014 | trayrope
Member since : 30/03/2010
I have Autoimmune Thyroiditis, a tablet a day keeps the fatigue away (supposedly) xx
Pro Thick, fluffy and moreish.
Cons Expensive.
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Delicious Crumpets."

I do enjoy a tasty crumpet.

For a long time I was making do with the cheaper shop branded alternative and while these were enjoyable I did not realise what I was missing till I had a crumpet emergency and sent my son round the local shop to buy me some crumpets. He returned with a pack of Warburtons thick and fluffy Crumpets. This was a price marked pack so cost me £1 for 8 crumpets.

For those you who don't know what a crumpet is it is a thick, flat, savoury bread cake that is distinctive because of its hole filled texture. A crumpet should be grilled till crispy and then topped with your favourite topping. Some of my favourites are butter and marmite, butter and jam and cheese.

Warbutons crumpets are thick and fluffy and incredibly moreish. I limit myself to two per meal so I will have two at breakfast with butter and jam and then two at lunch with cheese. A pack of crumpets eaten this way will last me two days, this works out at 25p per meal. The crumpets are very filling and come in at 98 calories each (minus topping) they are very low in fat (1% RDA), sugar (1%RDA), saturates (1%RDA), salt (14%RDA) and fibre (5%RDA).

I prefer Warburtons Crumpets over shop branded crumpets as they are thicker and fluffier and stay soft and moist when grilled.

The packaging is quite attractive, the crumpets are stacked 4 side by side in a plastic packet and are protected by a sheet of card. The packaging contains allergy advice that warns that crumpets contain wheat gluten and are produced in a bakery that uses milk, sesame seeds, soya and egg.

My pack of crumpets had a week best before date on and when the pack is opened it is advised that they should be used within 2 days.

All things considered I will always choose Warburtons Crumpets over shop branded crumpets, they may cost a little more but I feel that they are worth every extra penny.

Thank you for reading.

• CoffeeQueen68 published 20/01/2014
    Good review, I do love crumpets. Louise.
  • savvyshopper6476 published 20/01/2014
    Warburton's are the best imo however, for me, they should only ever be served with butter so unlike Koshkha I would personally class them as savoury.
  • koshkha published 20/01/2014
    Sorry but I don't agree that crumpets are a savoury product. If anything they are 'neutral' - as good with sweet as they are with savoury.