Warner Brothers, Leeds

Warner Brothers, Leeds

Cinema

Review of "Warner Brothers, Leeds"

published 07/09/2002 | owenberg
Member since : 07/03/2001
Pro Comfortable, quality, average price
Cons A little too far from town!

"The Second best cinema in Leeds"

I recently went on a trip to Bristol, where we went to the cinema to watch MiBII... the cinema, while not being overly expensive for the tickets was pretty poor and I understand food is extremely expensive - but then that is something we have come to expect (why?).

While I was at that cinema I really came to value the Leeds Warner Village cinema for it's quality and comfort.

For a start, the Warner Village Cinema has fixed seats. This implies two things, firstly you can sit up straight when your back starts to hurt without the chair starting to tilt. Secondly the aisles are wide! This means there is plenty of leg room (plus you don't have to stand up when somebody wants to go to the loo).
The arms on the seats are hinged too, that means there is plenty of oppurtunity for snuggling ;)

All of the screens at the Warner Village are a decent size (at least, I haven't been in a tiny screen there) and the films tend to be a decent quality both for sound and vision.

The only gripe I have here is that when I went to see Monsters Inc, they left the lights on - they were on dim, but still dim is too bright for a cinema!
It seems to be a growing trend now that cinemas leave the lights up a little for daytime performances (the ones I tend to go to as they are quieter) and this is quite frankly ludicrous.
The whole reason that cinemas put their lights down for a performance, is the film effectively wobbles through the projector - when it is dark, it isn't possible to judge the wobble because you can't generally see anything that is static, but leave the lights up and you can see the whole of the screens surround.

Thankfully, in my favourite Leeds cinema, they don't seem to do that... but I can't write about Ster Century cinemas until they are added to Ciao!

• eljimbob published 07/09/2002
    You need to expand a bit more on what you say although your writng is looking promising :¬) James
  • Baron1988 published 07/09/2002
    Sounds better than my local cinema....Aaron