Warrior Yoga Mat

Warrior Yoga Mat

Review of "Warrior Yoga Mat"

published 31/01/2011 | loueeza
Member since : 31/01/2011
Pro Great cushioning and light weight
Cons Not very widely available

"Warrior Yoga Mat - Lovely comfy travel-friendly yoga mat"

~~Where to buy~~
The mat seems only to be available on Amazon. I had a look in some shops in Edinburgh and couldn't see any there. However, they may well be sold in specialist shops so it's worth a look.

~~Lovely cushioning~~
I bought my warrior yoga mat after I joined a new gym where they were they were used. Prior to that, I had a natural fibre mat which I found to be painful on my hands especially in downward dog.

The (4mm) thickness of the mat is great on all floor type - I practice on my (slightly uneven!) wooden floors and I find no discomfort.

~~Size and Weight~~
Potential buyers should note that the warrior mat comes in 2 thicknesses - 6mm and 4mm. I have the 4mm which I find to be fantastic and to have sufficient thickness, but if you have any back/joint issues (or don't plan to travel with your mat) then the thicker mat might be more preferable.

The mats are all 183m (6ft) long (which is perfect for 5'3" me, but might be a factor for some people) and 61cm wide.

The mat is also very light weight which is fantastic if you plan to travel with it - mine has been all the way to India and back :)

~~Machine washable~~
The mats are machine washable - another fantastic feature for a travelling yoga mat - lots of dirt from the sand...and sweat....after 10 days in India, which came out with no problem at all.

~~No slippage~~
The mat is wonderfully sticky and I have never had any slippage at all - either between the mat and the floor, or between the mat and my hands/feet.

~~Versatile~~
I don't just use my yoga mat for yoga, but also for all of my other home DVDs - pilates, strength training, Davina aerobics DVDs etc.

This review will also appear on Dooyoo under my username LouisaB