Watchers - Dean Koontz

Watchers - Dean Koontz

Review of "Watchers - Dean Koontz"

published 12/07/2006 | Roznrub
Member since : 10/07/2006
Pro Great Plot, Great Read
Cons None
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Watchers"

I first read this book appox 20 years ago and was enthralled immediately.
I recommended this book to my partner who, like me was very impressed. We both found the story very beleiveable and you are transported into the heart of the book.

It tells the tale of Travis and his golden retriever, along with 3 or 4 more characters whos paths cross throughout the book. Its basically a story of a guy who finds a dog, well the dog finds him.. and it seems that the dog called einstien is very intelligent and comes from a research centre where tests have been carried out on animals to make them more intelligent. The story follows Travis and einstien and their efforts to outrun another animal from the test centre. Lots of twists and turns and lots of excitement as they are on the run to try and evade the Law, the other animal and a hired assassin......

I found it very hard to put this book down as all the different characters interact and you get their side of the tale.

I found it easy to read and Dean Koontz has great word power and a unique way of telling a storey, he insures that the reader turns pages, grabbing you, and propelling you into the reality of the book making it beleivable to the very end.

It has everything, suspence, science fiction, romance and is action packed on every page.
I reccomend this book to everyone as it is my all time favourite book!

• Shoka published 12/07/2006
    Hiya. More info needed. I have read this book too. The idea of Ciao is that we are trying to give enough information to allow a person to decide if they would buy something or not. Also the more you write the higher the rating you'll get generally, and then you earn more pennies! Let me know if you update your review by leaving me a message in my guest book, then I'll re-rate you. Shoka
  • bigwibble6 published 12/07/2006
    How many pages is it? Can you tell me a little bit more about the story. Why did your partner like it?
  • Bollinger28 published 12/07/2006
    If it has a golden retriever in it, then I know I'd enjoy reading it! Maybe you could tell your readers a little more about the plot in this novel? Lexy

Product Information : Watchers - Dean Koontz

Two mutants, both changed from the animals they once were escape and no one who encounters them will ever be the same again. A lonely widower, a ruthless assassin, a beautiful woman and a government agent are drawn together in a deadly hunt. All four are inexorably propelled towards a confrontation with an evil beyond human imagining.

Type: Fiction