sue 5

sue

Member since:11.07.2000

Useful info at you finger tips in Engligh

02.06.2001 (19.11.2001)

Advantages:
Cheap, informative and understandable

Disadvantages:
it rates Ciao 4 out of 5 (But That's the highest mark equalling the Which score)

Quality of journalism

Quality of features

Quantity of advertising

Price99p

17 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. PersisF
  2. Bigbaz
  3. MRSCANADA

I got a free trial copy of Webuser (the no nonsense guide to the best of the net) from freeinuk. It covers a multitude of topics regarding the web or web related topics.

I would have to say that this is probably the best magazine I have seen covering this subject.

In issue 4 it covered web jargon, I knew roughly what Java is but try explaining that to someone who has now idea, this magazine did that. It also had step-by-step guides to:
 Set up your own firewall
 Save money by working off line
 Install AltaVistaís quick search
 Send pictures in your emails
 Sort your emails by category
 Choose a default browser

It also had features on Net auctions, domain names and facts on the net.

IN ISSUE 6 CIAO & DOOYOO GET A 4 OUT OF 5 RATING. That was the highest any information/opinion page got, (page 51 Getting customer advice online) & they equalled the Which rating. We all know how valued Which opinions are.

Issue 6 has information on the best sites for free help to solve computer problems, web etiquette and how to bag a bargain holiday.

It is hard to describe a magazine to you that comes out fortnightly and features and articles will change each issue, however I hope this gives you an overview of the type of topic covered.

I personally have found it very useful. I had to debug both my Dadís and my computer after he shared his virus with me. I knew what antivirus software and firewalls were about but didnít have an up to date version. (No Iím lying I didnít have any Iíd been meaning to for ages but hadnít got around to it. Fortunately Wulise had so I didnít spread it to her) Dad learnt all about firewalls from issue 4.

It is currently on sale for 99p and if you subscribe and pay by direct debit every 6 months it costs £12.87 instead of £15.60. I bought issue 6 at a smallish Tesco store and would therefore assume that most good newsagents and supermarkets would stock it. At 99p itís worth a browse to see what you think.

They also have a web-site, which as yet I have not checked out but the address is www.web-user.co.uk .

I was so impressed that I am going to subscribe to it regularly.

kornkid2001 18.11.2001 17:47

web user is excellent and informative, great oP! kk

emu128 23.08.2001 11:57

Great opinion but I'm not really into these kinda things! I have just updated an opinion on a perfume of mine which I wrote back in January, you rated it fairly helpful, I was wondering whether you would go back and re-read my opinion and maybe re-rate it, thanks and cheers, ~M~

Miss-D 12.07.2001 15:03

Should your title read "English" instead of "Engligh"?