Review of "Web User"

published 14/10/2001 | wulise
Member since : 11/07/2000
Well, I am feeling alot better now. I have been to Tenerife with Shane and now need some inspiration to write again. Any suggestions?
Pro Written in plain English!
Cons I often foget to buy it.
Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Quantity of advertising

"A no-nonsense Mag."

A while ago I was lucky enough to receive a free copy of ‘WebUser’ Magazine, from Freeinuk.com. This magazine covers a variety of topics related to the Internet and issues surrounding the subject. It is probably one of the easiest to understand for a computer novice such as myself. The language used is not flooded with fancy computer jargon and so is accessible to complete novices such as myself. Phew!

Readers and Hints pages is probably my favourite section of the whole magazine, because ordinary people write in with some simple or complicated problems and advice is given my the professionals. The good thing is that they are often common problems and tips are always helpful, even the simplest problem is addressed and helpful hints or comments are provided to make computer use easier.

Advertisements are few within this 90page magazine, but those present are computer orientated. The current issue of ‘Web User’ is available at your local newsagent at the bargain price of £1.20, so hurry while stocks last!

**Content**
Feedback
Open Forum
Reader-helps-reader

*My Copy*
The copy of ‘WebUser’ Magazine, which I received, was issue 4. It covered the following topics in a simple to follow, step by step guide:
1) Choosing a default browser.
2) Installing AltaVista, Quick Search.
3) Java.
4) Saving money by working offline.
5) Sending pictures by email.
6) Set up a FireWall.
7) Sort out email by category.

**Published**

This magazine is issued on a weekly basis. It is currently on sale for £1.20 but subscribing by direct debit regularly every 6 months reduces the costs to £12.87 instead of £15.60. At £1.20 it’s worth a browse to see what you think.

‘WebUser’ Magazine also contains features about Internet auction sites too. I must subscribe on Direct Debit and then I will keep up to date and not forget to buy the latest issue! (The cost may now have increased, as I have not brought it for a few weeks). It is quite informative and gives a guide as to what to find and where to find it. ‘WebUser’ Magazine is available from most supermarkets and newsagents. If it is not on the shelf, just ask!

**For more information**

Website www.web-user.co.uk

• daylight published 16/10/2001
    I agree, great magazine. Cheap too! Daylight
  • Conicview published 15/10/2001
    I think this is good mag too - interesting op.
  • tange published 15/10/2001
    At the moment we have .Net magazine, but this one sounds worth checking out too...thanks for the info!

Product Information : Web User