Web-blinds.com

Home & Garden

Review of "Web-blinds.com"

published 16/10/2012 | 1954Sagalout
Member since : 20/06/2008
Married female aged 59, hubby 65. He occasionally metamorphs into Victor Meldrew and if he keeps it up I'm going to advertise him for sale on ebay! Updating the interior of our home so looking forward to checking out various product reviews.
Pro NONE
Cons The excess cord on this product risks hanging a child or a pet.
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Selling Dangerous Venetian Blinds"

I ordered some venetian blinds with a 'drop' length of 2' 9". Realised when the order arrived that when blinds are in the 'up' position, the length of the pulley cords is a total of 6' 3"!

2" 9' for the recess they will fit into, PLUS an additional 3' 6" dangling WAY past the bottom of the recess.

PERFECT IF ONE WANTS TO RISK HANGING A CHILD OR A PET!!!**

In my opinion this company are selling a downright dangerous product. Their response to my query about the ridiculous length of the pulley cords was that "this is normal".

No it isn't - I've already got a venetian blind elsewhere from another company, the pulley cords when the blind is 'up' merely hang down ONLY as far as the drop of the recess, NO FURTHER.

Even if I shorten the excess as much I possibly can, I'm still left with it dangling 2' below the recess.

DANGEROUS PRODUCT - BUY AT YOUR PERIL.

• 1954Sagalout published 18/10/2012
    Message for Richada and Alexcatt97 - apologies, haven't figured out how to directly respond to individual 'comments' yet, so this will have to do. I have fully indicated ALL details regarding the company, pricing etc, they are a compulsory, pre-set scoring/view formula of questions/answers which cannot be bypassed, (even if I'd wanted to). Perhaps you have not discovered how to find them so I will attempt to help. I believe this is the pathway (I'm hardly responsible for 'ease of use' though). 1) Click on my reviewer user name and my 'statistics' page should appear. 2) Select my Reviews tab. 3) Click on the relevant review title (Selling Dangerous Venetian Blinds). 4) You should find all the 'missing' information you require there. I imagine Ciao don't want it contained within the text of a review, so their web design is to separate it? I think there may be an easier pathway to viewing it, but not experienced enough 'reviewer' here to help you further.
  • RICHADA published 17/10/2012
    There is the basis of a review here, but this tells us nothing about the blind company themselves, their website, how easy it is to use, the pricing etc. R.
  • alexcatt97 published 16/10/2012
    Dosent tell me anything about the website expect for a small description of one product