Weetabix Whole Grain Cereal

Weetabix Whole Grain Cereal

Multigrain

Review of "Weetabix Whole Grain Cereal"

published 03/11/2009 | roxy280714
Member since : 19/10/2009
Wow I have eventually changed to a green dot. Please bear with me as I am new to reviewing. I always return a rate so please read and rate my reviews and feel free to offer me any advice that will improve my reviews. x
Good
Pro Healthy, filling and wholegrain.
Cons A little boring.
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"They may look like cardboard but they don't taste like cardboard!"

Weetabix are the only cereal that my children will eat, this isn't a bad thing but I sometimes wonder if they get bored of these as they not only have them for breakfast but also for supper. I have brought many different cereals including the mini weetabix but they tend to prefer the normal weetabix.

**The Packaging**

Weetabix come in a bright golden coloured cardboard box wih eyecatching blue writing across the middle with the word weetabix. At the bottom of the box it tells you that they are low in fat, low in sugar, high in fibre and that they are wholegrain.

On the side of the box it gives you the list of ingredients and the nutritional values. 2 weetabix without milk contains 127kcal and provides you with 32% of the RDA of vitamins and iron. You will also find all the contact details here.

On the back of the box there is a little history about weetabix and a serving suggestion.

Once the box is open you will find a tower of 12 biscuits in a sealed plastic wrapper.

**Price**

You can buy weetabix in packs of 12, 24, 36 and 48. On average a 24 pack would set you back about £1.80 and a 48 pack sells at around £3.55. At the moment in Iceland you can buy a 36 pack for £3.00.

If you are trying to watch the pennies I would suggest that you buy the supermarkets own brand of weetabix as they tend to be considerably less and taste dissimilar to the branded ones.

**How to eat** There are several different ways to serve weetabix so they are quite versatile I like mine with cold milk and a little sugar, so there is a bit of a crunch to them still, but you can also eat with warm milk and they go all mushy. There are plenty of serving suggestions including
  • Greek yoghurt and honey
  • A handful of berries
  • Chopped bananas and almonds
  • Dried fruit

You can also find many more on their website which is
www.weetabix.co.uk. **The Taste**

I think that weetabix are quite bland and deffinatly need either sweetening up with a little sugar or honey or need fruit adding to them. They look like cardboard flakes compressed together but luckily don't taste like cardboard. They do not have a distinct flavour but you can taste the wholegrain wheat. There isn't really anything that you can compare the taste to.

**My Opinion**

Although I do like weetabix they are not my favourite cereal. I would probably only eat these if they were the last thing in the cupboard or if I was on a diet as they are a healthy and filling snack. I much prefer the other weetabix cereals such as weetabix minis chocolte crisp.

• blackmagicstar4 published 09/11/2009
    Great review x
  • Veronica115012 published 08/11/2009
    I prefer minis nut and raisin
  • Collingwood21 published 07/11/2009
    I like my Weetabix unadultarated - but sometimes I get daring in the winter months and have them with hot milk.