WeightWatchers 8991BU Body Fat Precision Electronic Scale

WeightWatchers 8991BU Body Fat Precision Electronic Scale

Review of "WeightWatchers 8991BU Body Fat Precision Electronic Scale"

published 28/02/2011 | louisechackett
Member since : 05/08/2006
OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)
Pro measures weight and other things in the body, look nice
Cons not particularly cheap
Precision

"Weight watchers body fat precision scales"

I had been attending weight watchers a little while ago when my scales at home decided to pack in and so I searched on my online catalogue and saw some weight watchers body fat precision scales selling for £25.00 and so I decided I would replace my broken ones with this model.

The scales come well packaged in a cardboard box and are secured in the box with polystyrene pieces. The scales are also packaged in a clear plastic bag for extra protection. When you remove all the packaging you are left with a stylish silver scale.

The scales are silver all over apart from the writing and display screen. Towards the top of the scales there is a reasonable sized display screen which will display all your information and I find that it is quite easy to read. Above the display screen is a small weight watchers logo. There are also four buttons underneath the display screen which are used to enter your data and switch between users when you want the scales to give you a full body reading.

To begin using the scales you should first remove the isolator tab from the battery compartment and then you should turn the scales upside down and using the switch underneath choose whether you wish to be weighed in stones, pounds or kilograms. You then need to press your foot gently on the scales and the screen will light up. Once the display screen shows 0:0 you can step on the scale and be weighed. The screen will only stay on for a few seconds and so if it goes off before you have stepped on to it to be weighed you will have to repeat the process again. When you have been weighed you simply step off the scales and they will switch off on their own accord. They switch off after just a few seconds which I think is great as the battery life is being preserved and heaven forbid someone should see how much I weigh!

As I mentioned earlier the scales can also measure other aspects of your body and to be able to do this you need to input some data into the scales first of all. You are provided with an instruction manual but even with this I found it to be quite a faff! My brother also wanted to use the scales when he visited me recently and it took us around fifteen minutes to get all his data into the scales before he could be weighed so it would be nice if the process was slightly simpler and you were given more time to input things as if you are not quick enough it switches off and you have to start all over again!

To input data you need to again press the scales and then wait for the 0:0 to appear on the display screen. You then need to use the buttons available to enter your user number-you can add up to ten people on the scales which is very handy if you have a big family. You then need to enter your height, your age, gender and fitness level using the arrow keys provided. Once you have done this the scales will scroll through all of your data to check it is correct and then switch off.

Once you have done this you can then use the scales to measure different aspects of your body. You need to step on the scales as usual but then select whichever user you are. Once you have done this the scales will quickly scroll through your information before presenting you with your current weight, your body mass index, your body fat weight, your body fat percentage and your body water percentage. The scale will then turn off again. Inside the instruction manual there is a table which tells you what is average, underweight and overweight for your age and height and such like.

Whilst this is a useful tool I have to say I have only really used this on a few occasions and tend to just use the scales for a general weight measurement. However, I like the fact that should I wish to use this function on the scales it is there for me. I think it would be particularly useful to use after you have lost a few pounds and are looking to see if you body mass index has changed or something like that.

I have found that the scales seem to be quite accurate. There used to always be a slight difference between my own scales and those used at the weight watchers weigh ins but that could be simply down to fluctuation during the day.

I would certainly recommend these scales for people who are perhaps trying to lose a bit of weight and are interested in their whole body set up rather than just a numerical weight as they can provide you with extra information that may help you understand your body a little better. Now I just need to get back on to the diet and hopefully I will see those numbers fall on the scales!

Thank you for reading my review. It was previously posted on dooyoo

This review was read 2055 times and was rated at

• paulpry118 published 01/03/2011
    These sound a little too complicated for me
  • Wickedinrock published 01/03/2011
    I could do with weighing myself on these - it might help me get rid of the Christmas pounds that I never lost! My home scales are about half a stone too light so although it makes me feel great about myself, I don't actually know how much I weigh!
  • Alyson29 published 01/03/2011