Weight Watchers Summer Fruits Fromage Frais

Weight Watchers Summer Fruits Fromage Frais

Flavoured, Fromage Frais, Low Fat

Review of "Weight Watchers Summer Fruits Fromage Frais"

published 03/07/2009 | LaceyR26
Member since : 03/04/2009
Hey Everyone! I'll be back in the New Year Don't lose touch x L@cey
Good
Pro Low fat and calories; juicy fruit; creamy fromage frais
Cons Some were overly sweet and left unplesant after-tastes
Smell
Product Quality

"Refreshing fruity fromagy fun but too sweet for some"

Having reviewed the Weight Watchers Berry Fruits fromage frias, I thought it appropriate to review the Summer fruits variety, which includes the flavours:
  • Strawberry
  • Raspberry
  • Peach
  • Apricot

I picked this pack of 4 up in Asda for only 50p as they were on offer but they are usually £1.49 or any 2 for £2.50 in most supermarkets. I recommend reading my review of the Berry Fruits as I would be repeating myself on most issues such as packaging. However, I'll skim over this briefly for the benefit of the doubt.The fromage frais comes as a pack of 4 (though you can buy 6 packs) and are incased in small plastic containers with a peel back paper lid which has a very tempting fruity photo of the flavour. Each pot in under 60kcal and 0.2g of fat. The pots are covered by a cardboard sleeve. They are all gluten free but they do contain perservatives and colours, sugars and sweetners.

All the pots are filled with a fruity syrup compote base and a predominent fromage frais topping. The fromage frais is always the same: Thick, creamy, cool and delicious. Unlike the berry fruits ones, I did not detect a vanilla flavouring in this.
Looking at the ingredients, I find it to only state 'fromage frais' as opposed to any vanilla flavouring. This is a shame as the vanilla fromage frais is delicious.

1. Strawberry
-This one was definately a favourite; 50kcal of delight. The strawberry syrup was a pale red colour with stringy and small whole strawberries though I have a feeling they were the ones you get out of a tin (tinned strawberries in syrup). None the less, they had a lovely bite and chewy texture; not particularly juicy but a definite strawberry taste. The syrup alone was not overly sweet at all. There was a generous amount though I personally would have perfered a bit more to mix with the fromage frais. The delicate flavour of strawberry syrup seemed to get lost amounst the thick fromage frais when mixed so perhaps it's best to eat this by simply digging your spoon in right to the bottom and then scooping it out. Still, better than being overly sweet and artfical tasting. It made a nice light treat after lunch.

2. Peach
-This was vile. Again the fromage frais was thick and creamy but it had been contaminated with some of the peachy syrup and tasted awful. The syrup was a golden orange, quite thick, with chunks of peaches. I usually love peach based products but this was horrendous. The peaches were juicy and had a nice bite but I think the syrup made them inedible. It was very bitter, almost fizzzy as if they had gone off. It left a disgusting aftertaste in my both like sour milk. Not worth 57kcal at all.

. Apricot
This one was really nice. There It looked the same colour as the peach so you had to look at the fruity picture of apricots on the lid to determine the difference. I got loads of small juicy chunks of aprciots that tasted really fresh amoungst a delicately sweet syrup. A slight bitter aftertaste but not an unplesant one and was naturally from the fruit.

4. Raspberry
-Hmm, not keen. There were no raspberry peices in this, just little seedy bits though they weren't gritty at all. However, the raspberry syrup wasn't all that plesant and even the fromage frais couldn't lessen the bitter sweetness which made me wince. It tasted very artifical and left a horrible tingling after taste in my mouth. The syrup was a darker shade of red than the strawberry and less thick. Nah, not for me.

Overall, I think I prefered the Berry fruits over this selection, simply because I enjoyed the VANILLA fromage frais which took the tang and over sweetness out of the berry fruits. With the Summer fruits selection, I really wouldn't bother paying £1.49 for a pack of 4 with only 2 flavours that I like. Great as a low fat and calorie treat but in future, I'd actualyl rather buy a big 500g tub of natural fromage frais for 88p and add my own fruit and syrups.

• TheHairyGodmother published 28/09/2009
    Well reviewed! VH
  • emmyjepson published 20/07/2009
    I'll have to try these at some point. Although I'm not allowed Weight Watchers products anymore! :(
  • Amazingwoo published 16/07/2009
    I've tried WW yog's in the past and found them really really sweet for me so will probably be avoiding these as they are multi-pack. Really helpful review though!