Bike Tools - Tools Lubricants

Review of "Weldtite Bike Cleaning Brush Set"

published 09/10/2017 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Due to time constraints, I am unlikely to be able to find the time to rate members that have received 3 times as many rates as they have given, apologies.
Pro Good quality, durable, covers all aspects of bike cleaning.
Cons None
How does it compare to similar products?

"Weldtite Bike Cleaning Brushes"

First impressions

If you are a keen cyclist and always like to keep your bike looking spotless between rides it is essential to clean it with specialist kit. You could just use a rag and rub this over your frame, but I use a specialist set of brushes for the job, along with the same leather treatment that I put on my car seats.

The set of brushes we have here were designed specifically with the biker in mind, and the design of them makes them perfect for getting into all the tight spots on your bike. The black and red theme was not really relevant to me, and I just bought what I felt was the best product for the job at the time. I had never come across the Weldtite brand before buying these brushes, so I was keen to give them a go.

My experience

After buying these brushes I actually did a bit of research and noticed that there are many companies producing these same brushes. The designs are all extremely similar, with slight differences in the look and comfort of the handles. Other than this it is difficult to decide which bran to buy, but I am glad I picked these up online from this brand.

The set consists of 3 brushes and each one has its own set of jobs to do. The tapered brush is ideal as a general brush, and is designed for cleaning the brakes and spokes of the bike. This is also ideal for cleaning hard to reach areas. The next brush looks a little bit like the front forks of a bike, with 2 prongs that are designed to wrap around the frame of the bike and also the tyres. I use this brush on the frame first, and once this is clean I then move on to the tyres. The fact it can wrap around the frame makes it perfect and cuts the time it takes to clear dried on mud from the frame. The tyres are often full of mud, especially if you ride off-road on dirt tracks and have very grippy tyres on. The final brush is a multi-purpose one, with various sets of bristles shooting out at varying angles. This brush is perfect for cleaning the chain and gearing system. This brush does not get used on any other area of the bike because it is often caked up with oil and grease, and these brushes are often left in a mess once I have cleaned the debris from the gearing system. This brush is ideal for those degreasing a chain before freshly greasing it up again. I would always advise this after going off-road a number of times, and especially after a good clean.

These brushes have stayed intact and not lost any bristles after a number of uses. The cheaper alternatives are probably going to show wear quite quickly, and these brushes are in great condition still, surprisingly.

If you plan to clean your bike on a regular basis then a good quality set of brushes designed for the job is a must. Don’t scrimp on your equipment, or face bristles getting trapped in your chain.

Price and availability

This brush set is priced at around the £10 mark. I think this is a fair price for what you are getting, though if you do decide to try save some money and buy a cheaper version then expect to be disappointed. I haven’t looked, but you can probably buy a set for under a fiver from China. The quality will vary a great deal, and these brushes look and feel as though they are going to last.

Final thoughts

There are so many of these sets out there from a range of manufacturers, though I have to recommend the Weldtite brand of brushes because they are the real deal and not some cheap imitations. This set of brushes is obviously the standard range of brushes for cleaning all aspects of your bike, and these brushes can cover every part of the bike.

• kiss_me2070 published 11/10/2017