Weleda Baby Calendula Lotion

Weleda Baby Calendula Lotion

To moisturise and protect sensitive skin. To replenish after bathing or cleanse and nourish sensitive skin. Its milky consistency absorbs quickly.

Review of "Weleda Baby Calendula Lotion"

published 08/01/2012 | Autarkis
Member since : 04/12/2008
Pro Natural formula that smooths and softens the skin
Cons Pours out quickly if not careful
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Weleda Good"

I do like to use a good moisturizer and I always opt for natural products where possible. I have refrained from using any products on my son’s skin that are not necessary. However, he has always been interested in my creams and he would often play with the cream in my hand and be curious of the texture. With the weather being quite harsh at times his skin can become dry, plus he sucks and chews on his fingers which can leave his face and hands red, especially during cold weather.

Whilst browsing on Amazon I was looking at the Weleda products, just to see what they had on offer. I am fairly new to this brand, although the few products I have had from their range have been impressive. When I noticed the Weleda Baby Calendula Lotion I thought it would be useful for occasional use on my son, plus I could use it for myself. The 200ml bottle retails at 7.50 which I think is reasonable value.

Weleda products are created with natural ingredients, so they are kind to the skin and the planet. This lotion is 100 % natural, and is free from animal testing, synthetic fragrances and chemicals. It is suitable for sensitive skin and can be used from birth onwards. The large upright bottle features a flip top cap, which is easily opened with one hand. The bottle is shapes with curved indentations, which makes it easy to hold. The prominent ingredient is Calendula which is both soothing and moisturising.

Tipping the bottle up I didn’t realise that the lotion would have such a thin milky consistency, and as such a little too much was expelled. I didn’t need to squeeze the bottle at all. I was a bit surprised at the thin consistency, and my first thought was that it wasn’t going to be very good. However, upon application I realised that it was easy to apply and it absorbed quickly making it a good and simple product to use. After learning how quickly the lotion is dispensed I took more care to only slightly tip the bottle to produce a sensible amount and to avoid wasting.

As my son can get dry skin mainly on the areas that are exposed to the elements, I decided to smooth a small amount onto his face and backs of his hands. I found it easy to massage into his skin, and the lotion absorbed quickly leaving his skin feeling and looking soft with a healthy glow. The oils give the skin a healthy finish that isn’t too oily. It has a gentle Calendula scent that is soft. It helped to clear up any dry patches and left his skin in good condition. I was so taken by the lotion that I also used it for my own needs, and often used it as a hand and face moisturiser, as I found it lightweight and easy to apply.

The Waleda Calendula lotion soon became a favourite in the household, as everyone was using it. I was surprised to see that it was everyone’s first choice. However, considering the lotion is suitable for sensitive skin and is natural, I would expect it to go down well with all the family. It certainly got thoroughly tested and everyone was incredibly happy with the results. If this was only used for my son the bottle would have lasted a good amount of time, as only a small amount is required. With this in mind, I think it is worth the price tag, as it is a natural product that works in harmony with precious skin.

• greenierexyboy published 11/01/2012
    It's weird that it's so thin...I'd have emptied it all over the floor.
  • splishsplash published 09/01/2012
    Great review of a good product.
  • dawnymarie published 09/01/2012
    This is a favourite brand of mine too - this one sounds really good x

Product Information : Weleda Baby Calendula Lotion

Manufacturer: Weleda

Listed on Ciao since: 07/12/2009

Weleda Baby Calendula Lotion - Review - Weleda Good

Autarkis 5

Autarkis

About me: 23:01.2012: Received autism diagnosis for my precious son. Everyday is magical with my little boy.

Member since:04.12.2008

Weleda Good

08.01.2012 (24.01.2012)

Advantages:
Natural formula that smooths and softens the skin

Disadvantages:
Pours out quickly if not careful

How does it affect your skin?

Does it smell good?Yes

How easily is it absorbed?Very fast absorbed

Why did you buy it?No particular reason

Value for moneyExcellent

78 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. splishsplash
  2. dawnymarie
  1. tumblewheel
  2. Dentolux
  3. jodiestokes

I do like to use a good moisturizer and I always opt for natural products where possible. I have refrained from using any products on my sons skin that are not necessary. However, he has always been interested in my creams and he would often play with the cream in my hand and be curious of the texture. With the weather being quite harsh at times his skin can become dry, plus he sucks and chews on his fingers which can leave his face and hands red, especially during cold weather.

Tipping the bottle up I didnt realise that the lotion would have such a thin milky consistency, and as such a little too much was expelled. I didnt need to squeeze the bottle at all. I was a bit surprised at the thin consistency, and my first thought was that it wasnt going to be very good. However, upon application I realised that it was easy to apply and it absorbed quickly making it a good and simple product to use. After learning how quickly the lotion is dispensed I took more care to only slightly tip the bottle to produce a sensible amount and to avoid wasting.

As my son can get dry skin mainly on the areas that are exposed to the elements, I decided to smooth a small amount onto his face and backs of his hands. I found it easy to massage into his skin, and the lotion absorbed quickly leaving his skin feeling and looking soft with a healthy glow. The oils give the skin a healthy finish that isnt too oily. It has a gentle Calendula scent that is soft. It helped to clear up any dry patches and left his skin in good condition. I was so taken by the lotion that I also used it for my own needs, and often used it as a hand and face moisturiser, as I found it lightweight and easy to apply.

The Waleda Calendula lotion soon became a favourite in the household, as everyone was using it. I was surprised to see that it was everyones first choice. However, considering the lotion is suitable for sensitive skin and is natural, I would expect it to go down well with all the family. It certainly got thoroughly tested and everyone was incredibly happy with the results. If this was only used for my son the bottle would have lasted a good amount of time, as only a small amount is required. With this in mind, I think it is worth the price tag, as it is a natural product that works in harmony with precious skin.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

greenierexyboy 11.01.2012 20:28

It's weird that it's so thin...I'd have emptied it all over the floor.

splishsplash 09.01.2012 12:23

Great review of a good product.

dawnymarie 09.01.2012 10:56