Weleda Citrus Deodorant

Weleda Citrus Deodorant

Review of "Weleda Citrus Deodorant"

published 03/03/2009 | charliepreston
Member since : 20/11/2002
Pro Organic, smells lovely, removes household odours in seconds.
Cons It stings like nettles!! Expensive but worth the money as an airfreshener.
Packaging
Fragrance
Soothing
Refreshing

"Weleda Citrus Deodorant. I assume the Swiss dont shave!!! :D"

Here I go with my sister again. On her selling her organic produce shop I was given a bottle of Weleda citrus deodorant. Nice box, basic pump spray bottle containing 100mls of clear liquid. No instructions that I recall!!
I jumped out of the bath, dried and reached for the weleda squirted a good few sprays under my arms and started to dress. Within minutes I started to tingle, then I was hot, then I was very hot, no more tingling, this was as if I'd rubbed nettles under my arms, I was stinging, badly, and I'm now beginning to pour with sweat. Panic stricken and shreiking audibly much to the amusement of my son who by now has rounded up his big sis to, 'come look at mum', both roaring with laughing at my ungracious attempts to remove with wet towels, what by now, I had decided, was lavatory deodorant.
Ranting like a maniac with a bath full of towels under running tap and apparently being a very funny colour I'm multitasking to a ridiculous degree by now. Identify the stuff, don't flood the bathroom, keep washing, look it up on the internet, contact the poisons beaureaux, ring an ambulance, paracetamol, don't pass out, etc. whilst reaching for the bottle asking the kids to help me read the label and still wondering what else to do with my poor arm pits apart from rinse down with cold towels.
It's deodorant mum, yes I know it's ****** deodorant but what sort of deodorant? I have never known anything as painful on my skin apart from as a kid when I had to launch myself into a bunch of nettles one mischeif night! The label is uninformative and should carry usage instructions if not a warning of some sort. I was nearly convinced I'd gone anaphylactic with it. I mean would you eat an orange with chapped lips? It's worse.
I assume that shaving was the cause but it is a normal sort of thing to do before applying deodorant. No amount of coaxing, bribing or ordering could get the kids to try it out!! and it has been used as air freshener ever since. It smells lovely, removes odours in the bathroom within seconds and of course is organic!! Try at your own peril!! As a body deodorant I'm going to have to mark it way down but as a household I'd give it 5 stars even at the top price tag.

• retireduser published 19/05/2009
    Great review. ^_^

offers "Weleda Citrus Deodorant"