Review of "Weleda Refining Toner"

published 07/06/2014 | MALU
Member since : 04/07/2002
****** THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR **E** RATINGS. ******
Pro refreshing smell
Cons ugly bottle
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Top Toner"

Does the package influence our opinion on a product? Of course, it does. If it didn't, we wouldn't have advertising, would we? "Don't judge a book by its cover" sounds sensible, but only extremely rational people with a lot of self-control can act according to this wise saying.

What does this have to do with Weleda Refining Toner? Well, I've used it for many years but I've got it in a container from Body Shop. One filling lasts a long time and by and by I always forget that I use a toner from Weleda and not from Body Shop. As my cosmetic products don't all come from the same range, this would be understandable.

Why do I pour the Weleda toner into an old container from Body Shop at all? The minor reason is that the dark blue glass bottle is unattractive in my opinion. Weleda also produce medicine. If they sold their cough syrup in such bottles, I wouldn't complain. But facial toner! I don't want to see such an ugly item early in the morning. The major reason is that there is no nozzle with which I can spray the liquid on my face. One star off for this. The opening of the bottle is covered with a plastic disk with a small hole in the middle. The instructions tell me to take a cotton pad, pour some facial toner on it and distribute it on the face. I don't like using cotton pads, so I poured some liquid into the palm of my hand and then distributed it. It's difficult to get the right amount in this way and, above all, to distribute it evenly. The idea to use an empty container with a nozzle from Body Shop was a stroke of genius which ended my problems.

Checking the German Weleda website for some useful information I could use in my review I stumbled over the remark, "For hot summer days you can also fill the facial toner into a fine spray flacon to refresh the skin of your face (Shut your eyes when doing this)." I felt my leg pulled! If the Weleda peepz think it's a good idea to use a 'spray flacon', why don't they sell their facial toner in one? I want to refresh my face not only on hot summer days.

Everything is 100% natural with Weleda products. You don't only do your skin good but also your whole self if you use these products - if you're into the holistic concept of wellbeing and healing and a believer of anthroposophic ideas. "Weleda has been developing anthroposophic medicines and natural cosmetic products since 1921, with our main focus on quality – from the selection of raw materials to the holistic product. Wherever possible, we use raw materials from bio-dynamic cultivation or certified wild collection. These materials are then checked and processed in compliance with our own high quality requirements." (from the Weleda homepage) If you're not, you should also consider using these products. You could do worse.

The ingredients of the Refining Toner are plant extracts such as witch hazel to calm and cool, revitalising wild rose leaf, cold-pressed jojoba oil and extract of iris root to soothe and balance the skin. It's mildly astringent and pore-refining. I'm not good at describing fragrances; I can only say that it doesn't smell sweet but dry, slightly medicinal. I like it very much, especially in the morning. I don't clean my face with a Weleda product but with a washcloth and soap, then I spray the Refining Toner on it. When the skin is dry again, I use Weleda Pomegranate Firming Face Serum and when this has been absorbed by my skin, a face cream from a different brand.
The Refining Toner can be used with all skin types and combined with all other cosmetic ranges from Weleda or - as I do - with products from other cosmetic brands.

The British Weleda site offers 100ml for 9.95 GBP, the German one doesn't mention a price. The lowest I found on the net is ~6.20 GBP. But you'd have to come over to get it!

• Scotlass712 published 17/08/2014
    Great review :-D
  • mi_wa published 25/06/2014
    eee
  • xxfoxyredxx published 09/06/2014
    Great x

offers "Weleda Refining Toner"