BeeHappy 5

BeeHappy

Member since:01.01.1970

Give Life To your Hair

07.03.2003 (17.03.2003)

Advantages:
lovely bottle smells wonderful hair feels soft

Disadvantages:
none

18 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. justme
  2. Pozza
  3. Ophelia

Can you hear you hair call Feed me…. Feed me……

I have been frequently visiting my hairdresser for the last 6 years and trust her hair judgement 100%. I have my hair coloured, cut and blow dried, have tried different styles and always like what she achieves with my hair.

So why should I not trust her 100% on how to make my hair look its best between visits.

What She Recommends?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My hairdresser sells a few different ranges of hair care products and is not tied into any particular manufacturer in any way.
I have used Wella products for many years both in perm solutions and hair care products and feel it is a name that can be trusted.

So when Amanda advised a new Wella range was going to be launched in 2003 I was excited to try.

The good thing is that you get to try the products while in the salon when she does my hair so I know beforehand what they can do. Also she is not at all pushy in selling them which I like. I like to buy when I want to and no hard sales pitch would work on me I am afraid.

Wella Lifetex Nutri-care Range **New for January 2003**
************************************************
Background:-

I was not aware that almonds help to strengthen weak hair, and that olives help curls stay bouncy as researched by Wella who unearthed a new collection of fruit and vegetable that helps to feed your hair.

Wella has crammed the goodness of these ideas into a shampoo, conditioning treatments and styling products which are divided into six categories for all the different hair types.

Price:- Each product costs £5.65 each

I think that this is a very reasonable price considering that each bottle lasts for ages and you do not need a huge amount each time concentrated.

The categories are as follows:-
1) Extra Rich – for damaged hair
2) Volume – for fine hair
3) Color - to enhance natural and colour-treated hair
4) Curl – for permed and natural curls
5) Balanced – for scalp problems and hair loss
6) Moisture – for normal to dry

So their would be a product to suit anybody’s hair type.

Personal Use
~~~~~~~~
As my hair is colour treated I can only base my opinion of this part of the range, but please feel free to try for yourself.

Color-nutrition Shampoo 250ml
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bottle
~~~
The first thing I noticed was the lovely colour of the bottle. A wonderful warm golden orange/yellow shade which made you feel bright and fresh just looking at it.
The second thing was it was a nice chunky size to hold and with a flip top lid easy to use especially getting access when your hands are wet in the shower etc. The flip top lid easily shuts at one touch with your finger.

Verdict 10/10

How to use as on the bottle and what it says too….
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A professional hair care product with a complex of nutrients, plus pro-vitamins B5 and apricot oil to leave the hair looking naturally beautiful and healthy. The formula of rich active ingredients protects the brilliance of coloured hair and gently cleanses it.

Application: Apply a small amount to damp hair and distribute evenly. Massage into a lather. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if required

Dermatology tested for skin compatibility

Salon Exclusive Brand – Visit your local salon for more details.

Smell
~~~
A lovely aroma of fresh apricots you can certainly smell them. 10/10

Texture
~~~~~
Silky smooth and rich to the touch you can feel the quality straight away. It glides in your hand before application. You only need a small amount as it does go along way.
10/10

Ease of use: It really is a great shampoo just a little goes a long way and you can feel in soaking into your hair and the smell waves over you it is a wonderful experience. 10/10

Hair Condition
~~~~~~~~
After shampoo my hair feels squeaky clean and unlike other shampoos you can feel the softness even before a conditioner is applied.

Further note:-
~~~~~~~~~
Personally I have to follow the shampoo with the conditioner at every wash. So I also choose the intensive conditioner treatment left this on for a few minutes and washed off.

Afterwards:
~~~~~~~
It helps keep my blonde highlights bright and colourful and removes any build up or residue on the hair between washes. My hair feels silky smooth and wonderful. I like to have 2 ranges going at the same time as I do not like to wash in same every time. I can certainly tell the difference when I have used my Wella range, my hair is soft but manageable and looks great too both colour and shine.

I vote this as a great range to try and hope you like it too get my vote 10/10

Thanks for reading

Bee Happy

Debbie 2003

Ophelia 17.03.2003 20:17

Sounds well worth a try. Loved the structure of your op.

SueMagee 09.03.2003 13:31

I'm looking for a new conditioner - my usual Aveda is very expensive and not easy to get hold of - so I might have a look at this range. Sue.

cgibson 08.03.2003 14:20