Wella Professionals Oil Reflections

Review of "Wella Professionals Oil Reflections"

published 05/03/2016 | raspberry_ripple
Member since : 27/02/2016
I try to keep my reviews a little light hearted because that's my character and approach on most things. I'm not an English teacher, I didn't "stick in school" so my grammar isn't the best but I feel my reviews are true to my experiences.
Pro Gives hair a healthy shine, easy to use, salon results, lasts a long time
Cons If you use too much near the scalp, hair can look greasy.
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?

"Fantastic shine from Wella's Oil Reflections!"

The backlog of product I've accumulated because it lasts so long! Wella Professionals Oil Reflections 100ml

* Information on the box
Anti-oxidant smoothening oil, for exceptional colour reflectivity with Macadamia oil, avocado oil & vitamin E.
Our most multi-sensorial oil, with Macadamia seed oil, avocado oil and vitamin E, known as a natural anti-oxidant, smoothes hair for a glossy shine and luscious lightweight suppleness.
Professionals Oil Reflections makes Wella Professionals colours up to 86% more reflective. With an enchanting sensual fragrance vs. low conditioning shampoo.

Advised Use

* Information on the box
For Professional Results: Apply 1-2 pumps, distribute evenly throughout the mid-lengths and ends. Multi-use: apply on damp hair for smoothening and suppleness or on dry hair for a beautiful shine reflection.
Salon Exclusive.

Ingredients

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Tacopheryl Acetate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Aqua, Persea Gratissima Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Packaging

The oil comes in a glass bottle with an easy to use pump, similar style pump to what you find on foundations. The bottle is incased in a plastic box, brown in colour with orange/yellow reflection motifs on it. The box alone screams professional and expensive.

My Usage Of The Product

I use this oil on myself and my friends/family. As an ex hairdresser that keeps my hand in the trade, this oil is a great tool for me. A little goes a really long way, a 100ml bottle of this oil lasts me 8-12 months and that's with personal and professional use. I've uploaded a picture of the newest bottle I've opened, and I opened it 2 months ago. It's been used at least 3-4 times a week since then and there's still loads left.

The important thing to remember when using any finishing or style aiding oil is to keep it away from the scalp, only apply it to the mid-lengths and ends. When I use this on my own fine hair, I only use 1 pump. If your hair is thicker, I'd advise using 2 pumps.

I only ever use this oil as a styling aid rather than a finishing serum, I find it works best that way. I tend to give the hair a quick blast with the dryer so it's just damp and then apply 1-2 pumps in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together then pull it through the mid-lengths/ends. I then give the hair another quick blast until it's about 80% dry and finish the blow-dry using a flat or round brush (heat retaining brush).

My Results

I find since I started using this oil as my regular styling tool, the hair is very shiny and looks polished without straightening. Now, that's coming from a hairdresser giving a professional blow-dry, when using the product personally, the hair is much shinier but you don't get that polished look until you pull the straighteners through your own hair. That is unless you're a superstar at blowdrying your own hair, which you can be if you use a brush and make sure the air flow is always pointing down the hair.

Hair looks healthier, colour looks more vibrant and ends don't look dry. If you use too much of this oil or you apply it near the scalp you're likely to have lank, greasy looking hair. So make sure you use it as advised and keep it away from your scalp.

The smell of this product is lovely. It smells sweet and luxurious, you know you've used a professional product based purely on the smell. As soon as I start to run my hands through any of my lady's hair the first thing they do is make the "mmm" sound, you know the one, like when you haven't had chocolate for a week and pinch a malteaser off someone. Then they always comment on how lovely it smells and ask what it is. The smell lasts in the hair and on your hands. I can't help but sniff my hands for hours after using it.

Price and Availability

Personally, I stock up on this when the wholesaler I use has an offer on. They often put on an offer where if you buy 6 tubes of Wella Professionals colour, you get a 100ml bottle of the Oil Reflections free. I have a backlog of bottles because it really does last so long. I understand not everyone can cash in on this offer.

Any salon that endorses Wella Professionals as their colour product used and sells Wella Professionals products on the floor should have this available but it's likely to be pricey in a salon.
It's widely available on Amazon, the prices vary but you can get a 100ml bottle for around the £10 mark. Considering you're likely to make a bottle last a year, that's more than reasonable!

To Conclude

I advise this product to ANYONE that colours their hair, not just anyone that gets a Wella Professionals colour from a salon either. Anyone that colours their hair at all, this will add so much life to your hair that you never knew it had!

Smells great and works a treat. You can feel like you've had a salon experience every time you do your own hair at home just by using this product. I used an Argan based oil before I found this one and thought it was the bees knees but now that I've found this one, I'm sticking with it. It smells better and works better.

An all round winner from Wella Professionals!

• CelticSoulSister published 17/04/2017