Review of "Wella SP Luxe Oil Reconstructive Elixir"

published 19/06/2015 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro gorgeous scent, leaves hair looking and feeling soft and hydrated
Cons expensive, did nothing for my frizz
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?
Conditioning?

"Liquid gold"

My local hair salon has recently started to use Wella products and they seem to suit my hair. I have dry, unruly hair that is prone to be frizzy especially when the weather is damp or humid. On my last visit I decided to treat myself to a few products from the Wella range including a bottle of SP luxe oil reconstructive elixir. I paid £15 for a 100ml bottle; expensive but cheaper than most internet sites!

The oil
************

Wella SP luxe oil comes in a clear glass bottle with gold covered pump action top. I like this type of dispenser as it helps to ensure I don’t use too much of the oil. The bottle looks classy on my bathroom shelf.

The product contains a combination of oils including; almond oil to hydrate the hair, Moroccan Argan oil known as liquid gold to nourish the hair and jojoba oil to help mend split ends.

How to use the oil
**********************

This is a very versatile product as it can be used in several ways. It can be used both on wet or dry hair. On wet hair it is recommended you use 2-3 drops (about 1 pump) and massage through the hair after shampooing. I think it is best to massage about mid way down the hair concentrating on the ends. I like to let my hair dry naturally to avoid heat damage. The oil is absorbed into the hair as it dries and will help to prevent frizz and breakage.

The oil can also be used on dry hair either prior to shampooing, after blow drying or as an overnight treatment. If you are using it prior to washing ,then it is recommended that you massage a few drops of oil through your hair and leave on for about 5 minutes before washing.

After blow drying a few drops of oil can be used to help control frizz and give a smooth result.

My opinion
****************

The first thing to say is that is that this oil smells gorgeous! Not only does it smell good but the scent lasts for ages on my hair so full marks here!

When I first tried this oil I used too much and it left my hair looking a bit greasy. I find one pump is enough to treat my shoulder length hair without leaving any greasy residue. I have used the oil on both wet and dry hair and my preferred method is to leave it on overnight. I like to massage the oil into my scalp and hair and then wash off in the morning. This leaves my hair looking and feeling soft and shiny.

I have tried to use it after the rare occasions when I blow dry my hair. Unfortunately it did little to control frizz. I have also used the oil before washing my hair and was pleased with the results.

Overall I think this is an excellent oil to help moisturise dry hair that is looking a bit dull. The scent is amazing and it lasts too. On the negative side it does little to help tame the dreaded frizz, but I guess I cant have everything!

• justarube published 20/08/2016