Wella Shock Waves Creative Clay

Wella Shock Waves Creative Clay

Styling Gel / Wax

Review of "Wella Shock Waves Creative Clay"

published 31/10/2003 | jesusbuiltmyhotrod
Member since : 11/10/2003
Pro Everything about it
Cons Can be hard to get hold of
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?

"The best sticky hair stuff - ever."

I stumbled across this stuff completely by accident to be honest, as I was cruising the hair care aisles in Tesco. This little blue 75ml tub labelled 'Ultra Strong Creative Clay' waved at me from the shelf and encouraged me to go and have a closer look. I took the lid off to have a look and noticed that it was like nothing I've ever used before. Rather than being a gel or a gum, it really does have a clay like, grey texture, and a nice smell which reminds me of a cross between sun tan lotion and emulsion paint (a good thing, in my opinion). "Hello, little tub," I said, and took it home.

It tells you to use a small amount on dry hair, warming up the clay by rubbing it in your palms before use. Then just whack it on and 'tug, twist, pull, grip, mould and shape' your hair to your hearts content. This is exactly what I did.

My hair is a short mohawk style which tends to be a bit curly at the ends, but a liberal application of this made it easy to get the hair into position and stayed there, without and stickyness or white blobby bits that you get with other similar products. It stays put all day long, yet is flexible enough to allow you to alter the style if you want to. Amazing. Even more amazingly, it washes out really easily.

As, I have said in my disadvantages box, it can be difficult to get hold of. In fact, the only place I can find that sells it now are the larger Boots' stores. It normally costs £3.65 per tub, but I managed to find some in Boots at 2 for £3, so get down there (if the offer's still on).

This stuff rocks, so buy it, use it and let the crazy hair style that has been living deep within you escape to the surface. You won't regret it.

Peace,

Jesusbuiltmyhotrod - now available in 'New Improved' paragraph flavour

• broomari published 31/10/2003
    good op. maria x
  • sunnyfox published 31/10/2003
    I like the way you write - it's like you've included a bit of yourself in the opinion. It would be easier to read if you split it into paragraphs though. Welcome to Ciao. I hope you have fun here. Mel :)
  • Louise90 published 31/10/2003