West Mid Safari Park [TV Advertisement]

West Mid Safari Park [TV Advertisement]

Review of "West Mid Safari Park [TV Advertisement]"

published 12/06/2001 | jenny_carr
Member since : 22/09/2000
Pro Excellent all round
Cons the queues in the safari park
Style
Clarity of message & brand identity
Quality of Concept

"A fun filled day"

*Before I start my opinion, I would just like to say that I do know that this is in the wrong section for West Midland Safari Park. It's just I haven't managed to find the right section for it.
I am not going to write about the West Midland Safari Park advert, I am actually going to write about the palace it's self.

West Midland Safari Park is just by Birmingham in the West Midlands (obviously). If you want to know how to get to the park, I have listed the directions.

From Birmingham
Take the main Hagley Road to the Quinton Expressway A456 through Hagley and Blakedown following Safari Park signs through Kidderminster to Bewdley.

From Wolverhampton
Take the A449 to Kidderminster. Take the A456 to Bewdley

From the North
Take the M6 South, leave on exit 8 and join the M5. Take the M5 to exit 3 and follow the A456 through Kidderminster to Bewdley.

From the South
Take the M5 North, leave on exit 6 and follow the A449 to Kidderminster. Take the A456 to Bewdley.

From the East
Take the M42 West, leave on M5 north-west exit, leave M5 on next exit 4. Follow Safari Park signs through Hagley, Kidderminster and on to Bewdley.

The Safari Park charges at £5.95 per person but under 4's are free. This is a very good price I think because at Longlet in the south of England is about £7 or £8 just for the Safari Park.
The Safari park in West Midland is large and there is a wide range of animals. The first set of animals you will reach are animals like wildebeest and zebra.
When we went, a whole load of them ran straight in front of the car behind, it was quite exciting but scary at the same time.
Then we came across Wallabies and they were so cute.
The nicest part of it I think personally was the Tigerworld part. They rangers only let a certain number of cars in at a time so it can be quite a long wait for it but if you don't want to see the tigers then the park has a route around it for you.

The only bad thing about it is because the roads are quite thin and people tend to stop and look at the animals so it holds up a queue. That can be uncomfortable in the summer because in certain parts of the park, you have to have your windows up so it gets hot and stuffy. Also when people are stuck in queues, the car can overheat so it can be worrying if you are in the middle of the wolves broken down!

At the end of the safari park, you drive into a car park that is very big and then you can go into the leisure part of the attraction. You walk though a mini high street of gift shops and then you reach the seal tank. The side of it is transparent so you can see under the water. During the day, there is a seal-lion show at various times in a fake ship. I haven’t managed to see it before, as it has always been so popular!

There is also a Reptile House that is quite large and holds a wide range of reptiles. I went in there once and I don’t think I’ll be going in there again, too many snakes!!!

So I miss those things out and hit the rides! But before you can go on the rides, you need to buy a wristband, which saves you about £28 in total! If you are over 1.2m it will cost you £7.00 and that gives you unlimited use of all the rides, if you are over 1.0m it costs £6.00, for certain rides you need adult supervision and if you are under 1.0m it costs £5.00 and you can only go on certain rides that are suitable for you. If you don’t want to buy a wristband then rides are £1.00 each and you can buy tickets from machines around the park.
Here is a list of rides;

Walls Twister Coaster
Mini Pirate Ship
Big Pirate Ship
Flying Pandas
Red Baron

There are places around to buy food at a reasonable price. I usually take my sandwiches with me as they are easy to carry around and I can eat them whenever. But here is a list of food places;

Lost City Food Mall
Explorers Family Restaurant
Botswana Burger Company
Hot 'n' Spicy *
Snacks & Refreshment Kiosks

The day is a great day out for the family because there are various things to do and I don’t think anyone will dislike it!

• jefferson published 13/07/2001
    Sounds like great fun!
  • MichelleScott published 13/06/2001
    Very good, informative op. Doesn't matter a bit if it's in the wrong category.

Product Information : West Mid Safari Park [TV Advertisement]