Western Digital My Book 3.0 2 TB

Western Digital My Book 3.0 2 TB

Review of "Western Digital My Book 3.0 2 TB"

published 06/03/2017 | CARTCPM
Reliability
Design
Ease of Installation

"Good things"

I absolutely love this little external hard drive and truth be told, that was one of the reasons that i chose this product. The small size gives it the ability to litterly carry it around with you in your pocket or easily in a laptop bag with out being too bulky. I initially bought an external drive to store all of my digital music so that it wouldn't take up so much room on my desktop, and I can use it to listen to my entire audio collection while on the road with my laptop. The USB connector mean that an external power supply does not have to be carried around enabling you more freedom and you do not have to worry about burning out the power supply and loosing you data like what had occurred with my previous external hard drive In addition, the 160 gigabytes is plenty of room to make a backup of your entire system and still have room to add new music, pictures, and other important documents. A luxury I was glad to have when I got the 'blue screen of death' on my laptop at the beginning of my latest European trip. This device also allows you to password protect certain files and documents when you need that extra bit of security.

The Western Digital 'My Book' 3.0 2TB External Hard Drive is my main back up source for my office computer. I leave it on all the time and it never gets hot.
It is designed to shut off with your computer however I use a network machine that never turns off. I actually own two of these, one 1tb and one 2TB drive. They look real nice on the shelf, almost like a couple of paperback books.

I really pay little attention to them as they always just work. Not one time have I had to unplug it or reboot it. Once you plug it in you wont even know its there. Hook it up to a USB2 or FireWire (depending on the model) and the transfer rate is as fast as your computer can go. I really like these drives and recommend them for home or business applications. Remember, Back it up or loose it forever. The 'My Book' software (included on drive) makes this as easy as pushing a button.

• 1st2thebar published 08/03/2017
    Read about the site to get an idea what's required.
  • RICHADA published 07/03/2017
    A good proof read robs this of a Helpful rate from me - e.g. " litterly carry it around" R.