Westminster University

Westminster University

Review of "Westminster University"

published 19/09/2000 | skyrider
Member since : 18/09/2000
Pro Community feeling and dedicated highly qualified lecturers
Cons Campus is somewhat spread out over Central London
not rated
IT Facilities
Libraries
Societies/Clubs
Sporting Facilities
Student Union

"A little pot of gold..."

I was a mature student when I attended what was then the Polytechnic of Central London. An perhaps more than students straight from school, I was feeling the pressure.

I needn't have worried. The staff took me by the hand, spoon fed me information and learning, methods until I was full. I came away with my first degree, 2.1 honours in Social Science. It was probably the proudest mpoment of my life.

I chose this college because it was small and because they had a modular degree that had a "Carousel" system for the first 12 weeks that would let me sample all the disciplines I was interested in.

After this I could choose which courses interested me most. As if turned out I decided to specialise in Psychology under Prof. Dave Milner.

I really couldn't have made a better choice. The team guided our study without forcing us down specific paths allowing us he freedom to explore.

I contrast this with my time at The City University which was one where we felt we were virtually on our own.

For people who want to be able to be in "the city" and yet be in a small community college, The University of Westminster would be my recommendation as the number one choice.

OK the campus IS spread over quite a large area, but this is a small price to pay for what you get in return.

Product Information : Westminster University