Home > Ciao Café > Members' Picks > What Has Made You Happy Recently > Reviews

upton_girl

Member since:15.04.2003

The long wait.

06.05.2006 (29.08.2006)

Advantages:
More rewarding than you can ever imagine

Disadvantages:
Alot of sleepless nights

4 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. motherjoanb
  2. lisa2062
  3. Vheissu
  1. k8_lloyd
  2. HotBabes

December the 17th and I am waiting anxiously as it is the due date for my baby to be born. The day is passing a nothing seems to be any different.....I am still carrying this giant football around on the front of me. Its 11pm and sat there watching the TV I feel a painful twinge in my stomach. Uh oh it must be happening I thought !

Through the night the contractions kept coming, getting stronger but remaining the same amount of time apart.
On the Sunday I was in quite a lot of pain (or so I thought) so I got my boyfriend Duncan to call the hospital and they told me to come in. At 6 in the morning we were both bleary eyed but travelled the 15 miles to the hospital. After being examined and my baby monitored for an hour or so the midwife told me to go home as I wasn't far enough advanced.......so back we trekked.

Well I was in this pain for the Sunday and Monday. On the Tuesday morning the pain was worse and was getting a lot worse through the day. I got Duncan to phone the hospital again and they told me to come back in again (at least this time it was 2pm so a more reasonable hour) so off we went again.

This time I was examined and was only a bit further advanced than I was on the Sunday so they monitored my baby to see if it was ok. I was kept in hospital this time though.
At 8pm they decided to break my waters for me and that's when it all started happening.
Slowly the pain was increasing, and I started sucking harder and harder on the entanox.
Finally at 2.37am on the 21st December and after a lot of pushing, panting and screaming I gave birth to our beautiful baby.

I never thought that anything could ever beat that feeling of the midwife telling me and Duncan that we had a baby girl and hearing her cry for the first time, but everyday I have that feeling.

Every morning I awake to the sound of Aston chirping joyfully away to herself looking across to the bed where I am lay. I walk across to her cot and I am greeted with the biggest warming smile anybody could every see. I pick her up and give her the biggest cuddle as she snuggles into my shoulder smiling away.

Everyday she does something new, something even more amazing than the last...........little things we take for granted, their first coo, their first smile, first laugh, it is an amazing feeling.

Don't get me wrong it is a lot of hard work, a lot of sleepless nights and a lot of stress adjusting to a child but when I see her smile or have a cuddle I remember just how worthwhile it is.

I can quite honestly say that since the 21st of December everyday has been the happiest day of my life.

Regards
Claire
xx

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

k8_lloyd 13.05.2006 22:44

The worst is yet to come - THE TEENAGE YEARS!

motherjoanb 08.05.2006 17:07