Advantages Being happy is really 'living' whatever your circumstances.
Disadvantages The alternative rots your soul.
30 things that have made me happy in the past, recently and will do so in the future I am sure (originally posted on dooyoo):1. White WINE;
2. red WINE;3. my two beautiful children even though they at times drive me to drink the WINE;
4. my lovely husband who buys the WINE;5. okay, okay enough with the alcohol for now...;
6. flowers - any kind;7. the sun shining in a blue sky;
8. Springtime and the rebirth it signifies;9. Summertime and being outside as often as possible;
10. the colours of Autumn and the misty mornings;10. my children's delight when it snows;
11. the sound of birds (apart from the really annoying ones at 5am in the morning);12. my children's laughter;
13. the love that I see reflected in my husband's eyes;14. my best friends;
15. the close and loving relationship I have with my parents;16. CHOCOLATE;
17. any opportunity whereby I have to use my brain;18. the fact that although incredibly hard at times, I have been fortunate enough to be able to stay home and raise my babies;
19. losing a few pounds without having to try too hard (usually following on from a tummy bug caught from my beautiful children);20. clear skin;
21. hearing when miracles happen;22. the belief that there is a better world after this, especially for all the poor souls (especially children) who suffer so much in this one;
23. time with my husband and kids doing something fun;24. me time;
25 getting a real bargain;26. doing something that makes someone else feel good especially if it is someone I love but could equally be a relative stranger;
27. a brilliant film, T.V. show or song that touches me in some way;28. anything that makes me belly laugh;
29. the countryside, beach and sunsets; and finally...30. an ice cold gin and tonic!! (I'm not an alcoholic honestly).
PLEASE NOTE that these are not listed in terms of importance! Hope reading this made you think of things that make you happy too. xxxAddendum: On reading other people's reviews about what makes them happy (on Dooyoo) what struck me was that quite a few mentioned the fact that they were or had suffered with depression and talked about how they tried to focus on things that made them that little bit happier. It struck me as interesting how a topic on 'what makes you happy' mentioned the word depression over and over again.
I myself have battled depression most of my adult life but only with medical help in the last 5 years when post natal depression magnified it tenfold. I take my hat off to anyone who is diagnosed with clinical depression and manages to get out of bed in the morning as I make myself do every day as I will not succumb because I have those beautiful children and the love of my life who is my husband.Thanks for reading and keep smiling! x
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment