What I'd put in room 101

What I'd put in room 101

Review of "What I'd put in room 101"

published 18/03/2004 | pesky33
Member since : 23/07/2003
Pro none - get rid of them all
Cons think that's the point of this section isn't it?

"Urgh, take it away"

Frog Spawn cocktail

This is my first foray into the Ciao Café. I kept meaning to write something in here, but nothing ever seemed to pique my interest. As soon as I saw the ‘Room 101’ category though, I knew I’d end up writing a piece for it, because as anyone who knows me will know, I love a good rant.

So here are the ten things (it was pretty hard to narrow down) that I’d really like to see binned for good.

10. STAR WARS

I’m not going to make any friends by saying that, but I really can’t stand Star Wars. It’s pretty hypocritical of me to say this, especially when I love Final Fantasy so much, but it all just seems so silly. I don’t think it’s the films so much, but the fact that people have seen them so many times, and talk about them all the time, and name their kids Leia and Luke, and buy toys they don’t remove from the packets, and….

9. PEOPLE WHO PATRONISE MY HUSBAND

Message to all restaurant, hotel, shop owners in the UK; my other half is disabled – he is not a moron. You don’t need to ask ME whether he would like a carrier bag, or a spoon for his meal, you can ask him, he’s sitting right there, and will probably have a better idea of his own needs than I have.

8. BAKED BEANS

Is there any worse food in the history of food? I have an agreement with my husband that I’ll only cook them for him once a month (unless he goes to watch the football). They just make me feel ill. The sauce is the worst bit. People will tell you that it’s the same sauce they used on tinned spaghetti (which I will eat) but it’s not; it’s been contaminated with bean remnants, and it makes the sauce really chewy.

7. PEOPLE WHO USE THE WORD FAT AS AN INSULT

It’s a descriptive word – calling me fat is like calling me British, or a brunette, or married, or sarcastic, or angry. It is NOT going to have any other effect, so if you want to upset me, try something else.

6. THE WOMAN IN THE PUB WHO SMELLS LIKE KEBABS

I know this will have limited appeal, but if I could put any one person in Room 101, it’d be this horrible woman from our local pub.

First of all, her bras never fit properly. She gets that effect where you look like an extra from Star Trek (ie four boobs) Secondly, every time she walks past, she smells of body odour so bad you could swear a kebab van just went through the pub. Thirdly, she has a mouth like a docker, and wears football shirt. Fourthly, I have never once seen her smile, she always looks miserable. And finally, she never acknowledges you when you catch her eye in the pub, or if she’s going into the toilet and you’re coming out, or you see her in the Post Office and venture a smile.

5. PEOPLE WHO DON’T ENCOURAGE THEIR CHILDREN

I work with children on a voluntary basis, usually children who don’t enjoy reading, or don’t get any one to one time at home. I’m amazed at how many of them don’t have any confidence in themselves. When I was little, my mum treasured everything I made or wrote, and it was all rubbish. I just don’t think children should be saying “I can’t draw, I’m rubbish, my mum told me so.” It breaks my heart – I’m probably never going to have children, and these people don’t appreciate what they have got.

4. CELEBRITY REALITY TV SHOWS

Not much explanation needed on this really. There’s just too many of them, and they’re boring.

3. PEOPLE WHO SAY ALL CHART MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME

It obviously doesn’t. Some of it does, but there’s a lot of different types of music in the charts. These people forget that in the Sixties, every band sounded like The Beatles; I know this because every week in the music quiz, we always think the Sixties music question is The Beatles, and it’ll be someone like Herman’s Hermits, or Freddy and The Dreamers, or The Doobie Brothers, or………..

2. OFFAL AND SHELLFISH

I can’t write about why I hate these, as it makes me feel sick. I am a meat and fish eater, but I draw the line at eating something that either feels like a rubber band in my mouth, or has been used by another mammal to digest or purify its food.

And my number one bugbear of all time is………

1. SELFISH PEDESTRIANS

I’m a Mystery Shopper (as I know a lot of people on here are) and as such get out and about quite a lot. It really annoys me when people wander around shopping areas with no regard for anyone else. I’ll try and explain what I mean.

I’m not the world’s fastest walker, but I hate people who dawdle around on pavements, especially when they walk two abreast and you can’t get past them. This is related to those people who just suddenly change direction, or just stop walking for no apparent reason. It really annoys me when I go out with my husband; he uses a wheelchair, and it’s very hard to stop the momentum once you’re walking along, and I find myself apologising to other people because they’ve stopped and I’ve run over the backs of their shoes.

I also can’t stand it when people mess around after packing their shopping. If you want to check your pigging receipt, move over to one side. And do you really have to put your change in your purse NOW. These are usually the same people who don’t have their purse out ready to pay when they’re asked and spend loads of time rooting around in their handy organiser handbags.

I think I’d better leave this one now before I go on too long….
....................
Just added a photo of something else horrible - my husband decided to get me to make this cocktail he saw on tv for his birthday last weekend - hmmm doesn't it look appetising. It was awful.

• Testarossa published 17/06/2004
    Some great ones there. The photo! Is it kiwi and lemonade? Looks like the one my daughter asked me to make the other week. Actually tasted a lot better than it looked! Sam :o)
  • freaklikeme published 26/03/2004
    I love star wars and baked beans - as for people who only look at someones dress size - well how shallow - we are all people - no matter what size we are - and its usually the skinny blighters who are the nastiest cus they are so far up there own backsides - love your op xx jojo
  • salem_witch published 22/03/2004
    lol I had a 'thing' for baked beans when I was younger. Beans on toast was my favourite meal! I do still like them but don't have them that much.

Product Information : What I'd put in room 101

pesky33

Member since:23.07.2003

Urgh, take it away

18.03.2004

Advantages:
none  -  get rid of them all

Disadvantages:
think that's the point of this section isn't it?

Recommendable No:

22 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. phucco
  2. Bollinger28
  3. Testarossa

This is my first foray into the Ciao Caf. I kept meaning to write something in here, but nothing ever seemed to pique my interest. As soon as I saw the Room 101 category though, I knew Id end up writing a piece for it, because as anyone who knows me will know, I love a good rant.

So here are the ten things (it was pretty hard to narrow down) that Id really like to see binned for good.

10. STAR WARS

Im not going to make any friends by saying that, but I really cant stand Star Wars. Its pretty hypocritical of me to say this, especially when I love Final Fantasy so much, but it all just seems so silly. I dont think its the films so much, but the fact that people have seen them so many times, and talk about them all the time, and name their kids Leia and Luke, and buy toys they dont remove from the packets, and.

9. PEOPLE WHO PATRONISE MY HUSBAND

Message to all restaurant, hotel, shop owners in the UK; my other half is disabled he is not a moron. You dont need to ask ME whether he would like a carrier bag, or a spoon for his meal, you can ask him, hes sitting right there, and will probably have a better idea of his own needs than I have.

8. BAKED BEANS

Is there any worse food in the history of food? I have an agreement with my husband that Ill only cook them for him once a month (unless he goes to watch the football). They just make me feel ill. The sauce is the worst bit. People will tell you that its the same sauce they used on tinned spaghetti (which I will eat) but its not; its been contaminated with bean remnants, and it makes the sauce really chewy.

7. PEOPLE WHO USE THE WORD FAT AS AN INSULT

Its a descriptive word calling me fat is like calling me British, or a brunette, or married, or sarcastic, or angry. It is NOT going to have any other effect, so if you want to upset me, try something else.

6. THE WOMAN IN THE PUB WHO SMELLS LIKE KEBABS

I know this will have limited appeal, but if I could put any one person in Room 101, itd be this horrible woman from our local pub.

First of all, her bras never fit properly. She gets that effect where you look like an extra from Star Trek (ie four boobs) Secondly, every time she walks past, she smells of body odour so bad you could swear a kebab van just went through the pub. Thirdly, she has a mouth like a docker, and wears football shirt. Fourthly, I have never once seen her smile, she always looks miserable. And finally, she never acknowledges you when you catch her eye in the pub, or if shes going into the toilet and youre coming out, or you see her in the Post Office and venture a smile.

5. PEOPLE WHO DONT ENCOURAGE THEIR CHILDREN

I work with children on a voluntary basis, usually children who dont enjoy reading, or dont get any one to one time at home. Im amazed at how many of them dont have any confidence in themselves. When I was little, my mum treasured everything I made or wrote, and it was all rubbish. I just dont think children should be saying I cant draw, Im rubbish, my mum told me so. It breaks my heart Im probably never going to have children, and these people dont appreciate what they have got.

4. CELEBRITY REALITY TV SHOWS

Not much explanation needed on this really. Theres just too many of them, and theyre boring.

3. PEOPLE WHO SAY ALL CHART MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME

It obviously doesnt. Some of it does, but theres a lot of different types of music in the charts. These people forget that in the Sixties, every band sounded like The Beatles; I know this because every week in the music quiz, we always think the Sixties music question is The Beatles, and itll be someone like Hermans Hermits, or Freddy and The Dreamers, or The Doobie Brothers, or..

2. OFFAL AND SHELLFISH

I cant write about why I hate these, as it makes me feel sick. I am a meat and fish eater, but I draw the line at eating something that either feels like a rubber band in my mouth, or has been used by another mammal to digest or purify its food.

And my number one bugbear of all time is

1. SELFISH PEDESTRIANS

Im a Mystery Shopper (as I know a lot of people on here are) and as such get out and about quite a lot. It really annoys me when people wander around shopping areas with no regard for anyone else. Ill try and explain what I mean.

Im not the worlds fastest walker, but I hate people who dawdle around on pavements, especially when they walk two abreast and you cant get past them. This is related to those people who just suddenly change direction, or just stop walking for no apparent reason. It really annoys me when I go out with my husband; he uses a wheelchair, and its very hard to stop the momentum once youre walking along, and I find myself apologising to other people because theyve stopped and Ive run over the backs of their shoes.

I also cant stand it when people mess around after packing their shopping. If you want to check your pigging receipt, move over to one side. And do you really have to put your change in your purse NOW. These are usually the same people who dont have their purse out ready to pay when theyre asked and spend loads of time rooting around in their handy organiser handbags.

I think Id better leave this one now before I go on too long.
....................

Pictures of What I'd put in room 101
What I'd put in room 101 Picture 26171 tb
Frog Spawn cocktail

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Testarossa 17.06.2004 23:03