Home > Ciao Café > Members' Picks > What I would do if I won the lottery > Reviews

cazm17 5

cazm17

Member since:15.10.2002

Show me the money

23.10.2004

Advantages:
I wouldn't have to worry about bills

Disadvantages:
I would have to make some big decisions !

9 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. fleurdelacour
  2. PrizeMail
  3. MAFARRIMOND

What an interesting dilemma, possibly the Rorschach Test for the new millennium - what kind of person are you depending on what you would do if you won the lottery?

For a start, I don't think I'd take it in any way seriously until I saw the money. I'd be too frightened of committing to something big and expensive only to find I'd not really won. So, assuming that I had won, with those magical 6 numbers, here's what I'd do, in no particular order.

- Tell my boss that I had been headhunted by another firm and that they wanted me to start immediately. I wouldn't want them knowing about the lottery, there are far too many scroungers who ordinarily wouldn't give me the time of day! Plus it would be interesting to see how valuable an employee they seriously think I am. I don't view winning the lottery as just getting a lot of money, there's a lot of fun to be had too!

- Go back to study. I worked diligently through my A-levels and then studied Business to help my career. I am now becoming interested in acting and singing again, which I dropped when doing my A-levels. I'd like to go back and study music, and winning the lottery would afford me to do that without worrying about paying the bills.

- Oh, pay off the mortgage. I don't think I'd move, it would be too much hassle. But perhaps a nice holiday home somewhere, or even just a holiday once in a while.

- Slap up dinner somewhere for me and my closest friends. Somewhere nice where we could be chauffered there and not have to worry about who's the designated driver.

- Get a bigger car, one that my boyfriend would be proud to learn to drive. A Lexus would be nice, but perhaps just a nice top of the range Renault or something would do.

- Hire a gardener to come and tidy up what has become a centre of excellence for weed growing. He/she may even find the greenhouse that I once used, and perhaps could use again if I didn't have to go to work.

- Sell the business that I run from home, or at least relocate to a proper shop or warehouse. The removal of all those clothes rails would actually give me some spare rooms back!

- Stay at the Disney Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando for a few weeks. This hotel looks so pretty and I did promise myself that I would stay there one day. It's a far cry from the Days Inn where I have stayed previously, but you only live once after all.

- Help out all the local charities that I would love to help but just don't have the time. I'll still do the runs and the volunteering, but there are only X hours in the day.

- Enjoy doing what I want to do for a change, and not what I have to do to pay the mortgage, which I guess just about sums it up.

So, all in all, a bit of fun, relaxation, yet being socially responsible at the same time. I'm sure other things would arise if I really did win the lottery, but we'll just have to see what happens, won't we?!

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

PrizeMail 01.11.2004 22:25

very helpful scott

MAFARRIMOND 01.11.2004 20:48

A lovely dream. I haven't even won 10 pounds yet. Maureen

Keeway 23.10.2004 22:36

There is so much you could do with all that money & it's grat dreaming about it. Nice read Teresa xx