What I would do if I won the lottery

What I would do if I won the lottery

Review of "What I would do if I won the lottery"

published 12/11/2011 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Money, happiness, no stress
Cons None!

"You say i'm a deamer but i'm not the only one.."

If i won the lottery, assuming it'd be a very large amount, I think i'd go into shock straightaway. No one can really be prepared for it, can they? Your life changing in a millisecond. No more worry. No more work. Shopping, luxury holidays, a beautiful big house.. what a lovely thought! I know alot of people say money can't buy happiness, but it can atleast put your mind at rest that the bills are paid, food is in the cupboards and you can pay for any suprise expenses such as vet bills etc.

Even winning £10 or £20 on the lottery would be a nice treat! As everyone knows, times are hard and i'm sure that's why a majority of us are on review sites such as Ciao, to try our best in earning a little bit of extra cash! Of course the fact that i've met some good people and improved my writing skills via Ciao is a plus too! If i did win £20, £10 would be added into my money jar for my holiday that i'm saving for. I've never been abroad as I am saving for a trip to Malia in june 2012 with my boyfriend, which will be lovely just me and him able to relax and enjoy ourselves without a care in the world. Jack, my boyfriend, wants to treat me to it, but I have been brought up to pay my way and I want to pay atleast half, it's only fair!

The other £10 would be used for a little treat for my boyfriend, maybe one of his favourite CD's or a new T shirt. Seeing him happy makes me happy, or maybe i'd treat us to a little takeaway, although to be honest food seems a bit of a waste of money so i'd probably just stick it in my purse and save it as spending money :-) If i won a larger amount, say £100,000 (if only!), i'd literally jump on a train and run to my mums house and give her £50,000. Then she could stop slaving away at the low paid job she works at, pay off the mortgage and move to France like she's always dreamed of doing; she deserves it!

With the other £50,000, i'd put £25,000 into the bank and use the £25,000 to rent a little flat or terrace house and do it up nice and cosey for me, my boyfriend and our baby to settle down in. I'd also buy a HD plasma because i've always wanted one since they came out, Jack bought us a 42 inch but we both agree it seems tiny now so i'd probably opt for a 50 inch plus - greedy i know. Once the house is done with i'd take my 6 best friends and my gorgeous boy on holiday somewhere nice and hot, pay for us all to be pampered for a week or so in a luxury hotel, then come back home and settle back into the normal routine of university and working.

After a few months i'd use the rest of the money in the bank to pay bills and for driving lessons and a decent little runaround car, a new puppy or possibly a ginger kitten, a kingsized bed (i've got a single and it's so cramped especially when my boyfriend's in it because he fills it up!), bits and bobs for around the house (not forgetting the baba's nursery!) and leave the rest for food or clothes shopping without a care in the world.

I know that I haven't mentioned giving any money to charity, but at the end of the day charity starts at home. Once I had my own life sorted out I would definetly consider donating a substantial amount of money to a local hospice where my grandad spent his last few months, and Cancer Research. Animal charities would be next on my list.

Overall i believe winning the lottery would make me and my close friends/family extremely happy and give us all the ability to relax and not worry about cost and expense popping up! I can honestly see no downsides apart from the jealousy but who really cares when you're rich/a millionaire what other people think!?

It's nice to dream!

Thanks for reading :-)

• pgn0 published 27/11/2011
    To dream, perchance of winning - aye, there's the rub!
  • Coloneljohn published 20/11/2011