Review of "What Mobile"

published 23/08/2001 | Elainebaba
Member since : 01/07/2001
Peter my hubby passed away on Saturday 17th October 2009. We were with him when he died. His funeral was Thursday 29th October. I miss him so!
Pro Police would be able to trace phone, if guidelines are followed
Cons Makes job harder for the thief!
Quality of content
How often do you read this?
Quality of photography

"Protect your Mobile Phone"

Does your mobile phone need protecting?

I thought since this was a publication issued free at our local police station that I would put this op in.

I picked up a leaflet about protecting your mobile phone, at our local police station. NO no I was not arrested! My mobile phone was stolen and I was interested in the leaflet that I am going to tell you about. I am sure you would find very beneficial.

The leaflet has some very interesting facts it shows that mobile phones are stolen at a rate of 10000 a month in London and that young people are susceptible to mobile phone theft...

It gives very good advice on what you can personally do to make it difficult for your stolen phone to use by the thief.

I think it is always important before you use your phone to put aside details about your phone. Should it be stolen, these details would prove very useful, in tracing your phone, especially your 15 digit IMEI which is very special to your phone.

There is another way this leaflet suggests and that is you key in *#06#, this allows your IMEI number to display. It is helpful to know that this number cannot be tampered and is very useful for the police to trace ownership.

It also gives good guidelines for you to take to prevent theft from occurring.
You can use your phone’s security lock code or pin number
You can mark your battery with some form of security marker with postcode and street number and avoid using your phone in crowded spaces.

These are some details that you need to fill in and keep it in a safe place.

(1) Model & make of your mobile phone
(2) Phone No
(3) IMEI no
(4) PIN no and as a measure write (security marker) what you have put on the phone or battery. (if you are like me, my grey cells keep me from remembering details!)

Overall I think this is very good publication and the the advice, will motivate you to take heed!

This review was read 1930 times and was rated at

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 24/10/2016
    Thanks for sharing
  • tasha164 published 17/02/2002
    Good op. Sorry about you having your mobile stolen. I dont now what i would do if i lost or someone stole mine.I would go bonkers as i love my mobile to bits.Natasha
  • choklatgirl published 04/09/2001
    I'm glad to say that I have never had my phone stolen, but this is very useful. Thanks.

Product Information : What Mobile