Elainebab... 5

Elainebaba

About me: Peter my hubby passed away on Saturday 17th October 2009. We were with him when he died. His funeral was Thursday 29th October. I miss him so!

Member since:02.07.2001

Protect your Mobile Phone

23.08.2001 (24.08.2001)

Advantages:
Police would be able to trace phone, if guidelines are followed

Disadvantages:
Makes job harder for the thief !

How often do you read this?

Quality of content

Quality of photographyGood

Value for moneyExcellent

12 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. siso
  2. Deni
  3. Anfield
  1. n13roy

Does your mobile phone need protecting?

I thought since this was a publication issued free at our local police station that I would put this op in.

I picked up a leaflet about protecting your mobile phone, at our local police station. NO no I was not arrested! My mobile phone was stolen and I was interested in the leaflet that I am going to tell you about. I am sure you would find very beneficial.

The leaflet has some very interesting facts it shows that mobile phones are stolen at a rate of 10000 a month in London and that young people are susceptible to mobile phone theft...

It gives very good advice on what you can personally do to make it difficult for your stolen phone to use by the thief.

I think it is always important before you use your phone to put aside details about your phone. Should it be stolen, these details would prove very useful, in tracing your phone, especially your 15 digit IMEI which is very special to your phone.

There is another way this leaflet suggests and that is you key in *#06#, this allows your IMEI number to display. It is helpful to know that this number cannot be tampered and is very useful for the police to trace ownership.

It also gives good guidelines for you to take to prevent theft from occurring.
You can use your phone’s security lock code or pin number
You can mark your battery with some form of security marker with postcode and street number and avoid using your phone in crowded spaces.

These are some details that you need to fill in and keep it in a safe place.

(1) Model & make of your mobile phone
(2) Phone No
(3) IMEI no
(4) PIN no and as a measure write (security marker) what you have put on the phone or battery. (if you are like me, my grey cells keep me from remembering details!)

Overall I think this is very good publication and the the advice, will motivate you to take heed!

tasha164 17.02.2002 20:29

Good op. Sorry about you having your mobile stolen. I dont now what i would do if i lost or someone stole mine.I would go bonkers as i love my mobile to bits.Natasha

choklatgirl 04.09.2001 12:43

I'm glad to say that I have never had my phone stolen, but this is very useful. Thanks.

sue.51 24.08.2001 02:24

Good op - never knew about the code for the serial number - will make a note of it - very useful. Sue

Similar offers for What Mobile »

1 to 3 out of 9 similar offers for What Mobile Show all similar offers
Rain Wind or Sun We Play Rugby No Matter What Soft Fur Lined Mobile Phone Sock Case With Pocket For Apple iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5C

Our iPhone 5 Neoprene Socks are the ideal home to store your iPhone. Soft, padded & ... more

luxurious to ensure your iPhone is snuggly stored
away from dust & will also help to protect it
against any bumps & scratches. With reinforced
stitching around the edges and an easy slip in top
this is the ideal way to protect your iPhone. With
a convenient and handy pocket on the back which is
ideal for storing data cables or headphones it's a
compact all in one solution. Inside this snug
fitting beautiful case is a soft fur lined
interior and the exterior is a heavy duty but
lightweight neoprene material.

amazon marketplace electronics
Postage & Packaging:  Free!
Availability:  Usually dispatched within 1-2 business days...

Rain Wind or Sun We Play Rugby No Matter What Soft Fur Lined Mobile Phone Sock Case With Pocket For Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300, Nokia Lumia 820 & 920, Sony Xperia T, Blackberry Q10, Z10

Our Samsung Galaxy S3 Neoprene Socks are the ideal home to store your Galaxy. Soft, padded ... more

& luxurious to ensure your Galaxy is snuggly
stored away from dust & will also help to protect
it against any bumps & scratches. With reinforced
fitting beautiful case is a soft fur lined
interior and the exterior is a heavy duty but
lightweight neoprene material.

amazon marketplace electronics
Postage & Packaging:  Free!
Availability:  Usually dispatched within 1-2 business days...

The Impulse Economy: Understanding Mobile Shoppers and What Makes Them Buy - Gary Schwartz

Pages: 229, Hardcover, Simon & Schuster Export