What are your plans this Autumn?

What are your plans this Autumn?

Review of "What are your plans this Autumn?"

published 05/10/2017 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Pro Halloween and soup
Cons Cold and wet

"One of my favourite times of the year"

I love Autumn. I love all the changing colours in the trees, walking on crunchy leaves, big jumpers, the weather being cold enough to eat thick homemade soup, Halloween, to name just a few. I have always enjoyed this season and even more so since I had my 2 year old. Everything is so much fun with a toddler!

I bought Harry and I new wellie boots in preparation for Autumn. My plan was on wet days we would go walks puddle jumping, which he loves, and on dry days we would go walks through crunchy leaves, gathering leaves to do art with. Unfortunately up till now it has just been the puddle jumping as in Scotland we have had a LOT of rain. It has also got really cold, which I actually don't mind, so the winter jumpers and coats have already been well used.

Halloween is fast approaching. So far Harry has 3 parties to go to at his soft play and toddler groups. Plus a party at my Aunts neighbours who are putting it on especially for Harry as we are going there the weekend before Halloween. Plus we are going round family and friends trick or treating. So a lot of time has been spent looking for Halloween costumes for him. So far he has a little monster, a pirate, Chase from Paw Patrol and Marshall from Paw Patrol. More than enough but my Aunt will probably also get him one for when we are up there. I have bought decorations for the house and plan on decorating my Christmas tree with Halloween decorations for the occasion. This is the first year Harry is old enough to really enjoy dressing up etc so I want to make it brilliant for him

The part of Halloween I don't like is the amount of sweets Harry gets. I really limit his sweets so last year he still had loads left at Christmas. So this year I plan to see what chocolate etc he has and melting it down to make crispie cakes.

Harry and I are going to my family in Fraserburgh for a long weekend. We will stay with my Aunt and he will have a great time being spoiled by my family who rarely see him as we are 190 miles away. My husband can't get time off work so unfortunately cant come. This will be our first time away from each other so I'm not so much looking forward to that.

I am not so keen on fireworks night. I dont mind a properly organised display but I have always thought fireworks should not be available to the general public. So this year we will go to an organised display and try to avoid all the young idiots who buy fireworks and set them off in dangerous places.

Now that my stepchildren live wth us and we are looking for a bigger house I am hopeful that part of Autumn will be spent decorating,packing and moving if we find somewhere suitable.

We have some outings planned with Harry to indoor places for rainy days. We plan to visit the science centre which is amazing for children and not nearly as geeky as it sounds, and the transport museum which also has plenty for children to do with the added bonus of being free!

So whatever you do, enjoy your Autumn - stay safe, keep warm and make soup.

• 1st2thebar published 10/10/2017
    Ye-h, I don't mind Autumn.
  • jb0077 published 08/10/2017
    vh
  • elwood_jones published 08/10/2017
    very nice

Product Information : What are your plans this Autumn?

Listed on Ciao since: 26/09/2017