What is the best memory of your 2017 holidays?

What is the best memory of your 2017 holidays?

Review of "What is the best memory of your 2017 holidays?"

published 15/09/2017 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
Pro Nice to catch up with family.
Cons None.

"Family fun at the seaside"

My trip to Spain.

My trip to Spain.

Now we are officially in autumn, the weather has certainly changed and with the wind and rain, it's starting to feel very autumnal too. I've started to wrap up warmer and put the central heating on. Summer is, indeed, my favourite season and I shall miss it. But what is my best memory of 2017? Well, the best memory that sticks out in my mind is when my sister, brother-in-law and niece came to visit me. I'd not long come out of hospital where I had spent a week after a hernia operation. My PC was in the repair shop at the time and with that gone I was feeling pretty bored and fedup at the time. I couldn't walk very far or do very much, so when my sister phoned me one week to tell me she would be visiting on the Sunday, I was thrilled. She lives in London, and had decided to visit Norfolk to visit family.

Family

I live by the coast, which has its benefits at times. When they arrived about lunch time, I was so pleased to see her. It was the first time I'd met her husband too, and we got on really well. My niece, who I don't see a great deal of either due to her going to University, had grown up so much. My sister asked me if I wanted to go on the seafront, so we took a drive down there. Although it was a grey day, it wasn't raining and there wasn't many people about. She treated us all to an ice cream and I took my dog too. My niece loves my dog. I've had him for 13 years so she has more or less grown up knowing him. We all had such a laugh, and spent time talking about when we were kids and the things we used to get up to. When we got home, my sister and brother-in-law kindly cleaned my front windows for me. Seeing them really made me feel a lot happier and brightened my day.
Sights to see

One of the other good memories I have is the East Coast Truckers Convoy, which happens every August Bank Holiday Sunday. I'll explain a little about what this is. Each year truckers give up their day to give disadvantaged and disabled children a trip out in their trucks, and take them to Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft for the day. On their journey from Norwich to Lowestoft the children are allowed to blow the horns and hooters in the trucks. Imagine 80 trucks travelling on Norfolks roads all with the horns blowing. On their return journey from Lowestoft, they travel through Great Yarmouth and along the seafront, so the holidaymakers and locals alike can stand there and wave at them. Thankfully I live in a part of the town where I don't have to venture to the seafront, but I can stand at my front gate as they go past my door, so have the perfect view. It really is wonderful to see all these young children in the cabs of these trucks with some of them having their lights flashing and the children blowing the horns.
Holidays

And in June I went to Spain for a week where my mother lives. I hadn't been for a number of years, so it was lovely to go and see her and her animals. She's got 5 dogs and 3 horses, so every day I got plenty of cuddles from the dogs and lovely to see the horses too. It was lovely to spend time with my Mum and Stepdad, and we went out every day. It was a lovely holiday, and I plan to go back soon. Spain in such a beautiful country, and mum lives in a lovely part in the south of Spain. It was also the first time I'd flown on a plane on my own too as I'd always had family with me in the past.
Summary

Although I've not done a great deal this summer, the things I have done have been memorable and special. I had a lovely week in Spain, I got to spend a lovely day with my sister and niece, and met my brother-in-law for the first time, and it was lovely to see the convoy of truckers passing though. But..now we've got Christmas to look forward to!

• Pointress published 30/09/2017
    lovely
  • euphie published 29/09/2017
    vh :o)
  • Mickie26 published 21/09/2017
    Great

Product Information : What is the best memory of your 2017 holidays?

Listed on Ciao since: 12/09/2017