Freestanding - Front Loading - Max load:6 kg - Timer Control - Efficiency Class: C - Width: 60 cm
4 reviews from the community
Review of "Whirlpool AWZ3303"
We bought this tumble drier after our old one caught fire and it is reguarly used for a house of four adults who do two large washes a week comprising of about two loads a piece. Two members of the house also go away for days at a time and bring large amounts of washing done. The household is also cleaning conscious due to two members having dust allergies so curtains and bedsheets are wahsing fairly often.I estimate about five loads a week in the colder months.
- It is very simple to use with a 140 minute dial setting and a gentle button.
- The door closes firmly which is excellent if you have young children and heat-seeking pets aobut the house as well as having the rear vent safely away from children
- In comparison with other tumbler driers, it's quite quiet.
- It has a reverse spining motion which means it turns clockwise, pauses and then anti-clockwise, which makes the clothes dry faster
- It manages heat very well and dries clothes completely as opposed to making them hot and damp.
- It has a warning light to tell you when it doesn't work properly and the manual explains the reasons for doing so
- It's quite big and can take duvets with ease. I regularly dry a 7.5 tog double duvet in it and have dried washable curtains in it (always check your curtain labels if you want to do this as curtains do shrink when washed) - the weight allowance is about 6kg
- So far it is relaible and has not stopped working or over-heated once which puts it well ahead of the others.
- The opening is very large and makes it easy to get washing in and out.
- The filter is easy to get at and easy to clean and requires regular cleaning.
- The guidance information on the front of the drier is fairly comprehensive and easy to follow - as is the manual.
- I perpetually forget whether the gentle drying button is in and out for on and I hate having to get the manual out to try and remember. There is nothing on the drier to tell you it's on gentle or not.
- It is a very basic drier with no special setting other than the timer and the gentle button, I would have liked an extra weight setting for mini loads.
- I would have liked a a more gradiated temperature control so medical unofirms, sheets and towels can be tumbled at high temperature.
- The filter needs cleaning regularly and you lose drying efficiency the more it gets clogged, although the birds outside are always appreciative of tumble dryer fluff.
- It is not energy efficient. On the scale it is ranked a C, and in this world of energy awareness it is not the best drier for the environment.
- It only has a rear vent, which is good if you only have access for a rear vent (like we do) but contributes to the lack of energy efficiency.
This drier is a reasonably priced basic drier. It does exactly what it says on the tin: it dries your clothes with heat and tumbling either at a high or low temperature. And that's it. If you have clothes that need a greater variety of drying styles then you will need to spend more money, equally to get the great energy efficiency rating you will need to spend more money.As a basic dryer I would recommend it for large houses and families for it's large capacity, safe doors and reasonable price.
Product Information : Whirlpool AWZ3303
Manufacturer's product descriptionFreestanding - Front Loading - Max load:6 kg - Timer Control - Efficiency Class: C - Width: 60 cm
EAN: 8003437463433, 5051140367725
Width in cm: 60
Energy Efficiency: C
Height in cm: 85
Maximum Loading Capacity in kg: 6
Control of Drying: Timer Control
Energy Savings Trust Feature: No
Integrated (Only For Construction Built In + Under: no
Drum Rotation: Reverse (Left and Right)
Freestanding Or Built In: Freestanding
Energy consumption in kwh: 3.3
Noise Level in Decibels: 65
Energy Consumption in kWh at 1400 RPM: 2.5
Heating System: Electric Heating Element
Type of Loading: Front Loading
Display of Remaining Time: No
Start Delay Option: No
Listed on Ciao since: 27/12/2004