The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
The Whirlpool AWZ7913 tumble dryer also known as the 6th Sense condenser dryer is ideal for those rainy days when its impossible to hang your clothes outside to dry. I'm not too keen on tumble dryers but had to get one for exactly that reason. I went with Whirlpool because of the good reputation it has in manufacturing these types of appliances.
The tumble dryer comes in only one colour, white which would fit nicely in any kitchen. The main features and functions of the Whirlpool tumble dryer are:
- Extra large 7kg capacity which is excellent for drying large items, the extra space helps reduce tangling and creasing also makes ironing much easier. With more room for the clothes to move around, laundry dries faster which in return saves energy and time.
- Energy Saving, the tumble dryer is recommended by the energy saving trust.
- 6th sense technology system which stops the need to manually set the programme time. It automatically monitors and adapts the drying program to deliver optimum drying performance with maximum energy and time savings.
- Condenser dryer converts steam to water and collect it in a container so there is no need for venting. They can be positioned almost anywhere, making it ideal for flats and apartments.
- 180ļ wide opening door which makes loading and unloading very easy.
- Filter full alert is a warning light which alerts you that the fluff filter requires cleaning.
- (H)85 x (W)60 x (D)59 cm
I would recommend though that depending on how much you use the tumble dryer, every month clean the heat exchanger, clean around the door seal and remove any fibres around the evacuation hole. This is regular maintenance which if you use the tumble dryer once or twice a day needs to be done. We don't use it regularly so its not that bad. The tumble dryer we had before didn't require this much cleaning and maintenance, don't really like these new ones, I think its too much hassle for something which simply dries your clothes.
Overall I would recommend the Whirlpool AWZ7913 tumble dryer if you do a lot of laundry otherwise just use the house radiators, they do the job and is less hassle. The tumble dryer cost around £200.