Review of "Whiskas"

published 09/02/2007 | jedistu
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Not as smelly as tinned food
Cons Noisy eating
Food according to Life Stage
Variety of flavours
Tooth kind?
Nutritional Value

"Feeding them anything else leads to Cat-astrophe"

My two cats, one being the stressed out mother, the other being the insane daughter, aged nine and eight years, respectively, will only eat the chicken flavoured variety of this product, as well as the occasional mouse, bird, moth, or carrot.
We have tried almost every type and brand of cat food for our little treasures over the years because, as most cat slaves (human owners) will know, cats have very individual tastes. We found that only Wiskas chicken flavoured dry food is the only product that both cats will eat. I don't know why this is the case as it smells really bad to me, perhaps it is the taste, I haven't tried one yet.
The only problem that I have found with the product is the noise of the eating process, the crunching is to be expected, but the 'tip-tap' of the little biscuits that escape on to the un-carpeted kitchen floor can sometimes be quite irritating, so we leave the room as soon as one of them turns up to eat.
We have to watch how much we put down for them because being a dried food, they need to drink plenty and the biscuit swells, causing the occasional cat vomiting event.

• RichPrice published 09/02/2007
    Quitea good Review but it would be helpful for a bit more detail on the petfood, what's in it etc
  • laramax published 09/02/2007
    You had me worried for a moment - when I first read your review I thought you had been giving it to YOUR mother and daughter!
  • willi287 published 09/02/2007
    When we had a cat it only ate the expensive stuff like sheba and felix as good as it looks...

offers "Whiskas"