Review of "Wilkinson Sword Extra 3 Beauty Razor"

published 29/09/2010 | kirstysian
Member since : 22/07/2008
Yay orange!
Pro close shave, durability, price
Cons handle
Quality of shave
Durability of the razor
Durability of the blades

"I'm a smooth operator"

At the moment I am trying to save a bit of money and really needed a new razor so rather than buying my usual Gillette cartridges for my venus razor I purchased the Wilkinson sword extra beauty 3 disposable razors as they were on offer in my local Superdrug store. I am not usually a fan of disposable razors but since they were half price at £1.64 and I needed a new razor to prepare for a night out I thought I would give them a go.

What do you get?

The plastic packaging tears open easily and you are greeted by 4 hot pink disposable razors. The blades are covered with a bit of plastic so that you do not cut yourself when opening the packet. These plastic bits come off easily when you are ready to use a new razor.

Using the razor

As I am used to using a Venus razor I have found that these disposable razors are quite flimsy. The plastic handle is very thin and you cannot really get a good grip on them. The plastic however is very sturdy and unless you have super muscles I can’t see that they would break easily. Having looked on the Wilkinson sword website I have found that the lightweight handle is designed for comfort and control. I am not sure how far I agree with this statement but it is bearable.
Once you have got passed the issue of the flimsy handle (this could just be me being picky) you actually do get a nice, close shave with these razors.
The three blades have a strip of aloe and vitamin E running along the top of them to soothe the skin whilst you are shaving. I think this strip works well as I have used disposable razors in the past which have left me feeling itchy and have given me irritable skin. With this my skin is left feeling pleasantly smooth as the Aloe smoothens and allows the blades to glide easily over your skin.
The blades are held onto the handle very tightly and do not move whilst you are shaving. Always a good sign as you are less likely to get painful shaving cuts.
After using this razor I have found that the results do last quite a long time compared to other razors that are available. I do like my legs to be silky smooth so using this twice a week keeps this up as it provides a close shave to remove the little stubbly hairs.
As these are disposable razors the blades do not last very long but that is to be expected. I have found that I have used one a week. This is typically about twice. This is not bad for the price I paid.

Price

As I mentioned before I paid £1.64 for my packet of razors as they were on offer. They are normally £3.68 which is still a good price for the product.

Conclusion

I do like these razors and I would buy them again. My experience with them has not converted my from my regular venus razor but they are a good alternative if you are on a budget, need a razor in a hurry or just fancy a change. I would rate this product 7 out of 10.

• liolia79 published 16/10/2010
    Well reviewed!
  • prettypolly40 published 14/10/2010
    I have never really gone for these always gone for the more expensive brand. I may change, thanks x
  • candzjay published 09/10/2010