Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk

Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk

Review of "Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk"

published 11/08/2013 | K2705
Member since : 02/10/2009
Thank you for all the reads and rates, I will return all rates asap. I review a lot of Childrens products and toys, there will be a lot of Thomas the Tank Engines reviews.
Pro Leaves you skin smooth and soft
Cons A bit expensive
Quality of shave
Durability of the razor
Durability of the blades

"Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk"

I’m not really into waxing my legs personally I find it too painful and tend to just shave them, I do not stick to one brand of razor and will go for whatever is on offer or something that it relatively cheap. Recently I went to visit my Godmother and she had somehow acquired a brand new Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor, she only uses an electric razor so asked me if I wanted it, so I said Thank You and took it home to try.

Packaging
The Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor comes inside a clear plastic packet, there is a card inserted inside the pack giving the appearance of a purple background. Printed on the front of the packet is the Wilkinson Sword logo with the name Hydro Silk written underneath, also on the front of the packet in various places are a few facts about the razor some of which are illustrated with small pictures. The card insert can also be seen from the back of the packet and this contains all of the relevant product information, the Wilkinson Sword logo appears at the top, the information is clearly written and again illustrated with pictures. On the back of the clear plastic packet there is a perforated area, this simply tears open, there is a further perforated area in the card insert which allows you to remove the razor, or alternatively you can just take the card out of the packet which I personally found much easier.

The Razor
The Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor basically consists of a transparent blue rubbery plastic handle which is wider towards the bottom with a thinner neck, the handle has ridges going down the length of it which combined with the material it is made from makes it easy to hold without it slipping out of your hands if they are wet, the Wilkinson Sword logo also appears on the handle in silver. On the end of the handle is a clear plastic circle with the razor head attached to this, the razor head is a mint green and blue plastic rectangle with the silver blades in the centre of it, this head can be removed and replaced by using the small white button attached to the back of the head. The razor measures approximately 5 inches in length, the razor head is quite large and chunky allowing you to cover a reasonably large area of skin at a time. The idea of the Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor is that as you shave it will hydrate your skin for up to 2 hours after shaving which is longer than any other razor, this will in turn leave your skin silky smooth. There is a strip along the top and bottom of the blades which contain water activated moistening serums which are infused with marine extracts, it is these strips that help to leave you skin smooth and soft after shaving. This razor contains 5 curve sensing blades which gives you closeness as you shave, these also contain skin guards which will protect your skin from irritation. The head of the razor is very flexible and will move with the curves in your legs as you shave without hardly any pressure.

Price and Availability
The Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor is available from a variety of places including Supermarkets and chemists such as Boots and Superdrug. As I have mentioned I got given my razor so didn’t actually pay for it, however I do know that this product is sold for £9.99 in Boots, the price does vary a little in other stores.

My Opinion
Since I received the Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor I have used it several times and have been extremely pleased with the results. The flexible head makes shaving your legs and underarms very easy, the razor moves easily around curves without catching or cutting your skin. The water activated moisture strips really do make a difference to shaving, the razor slides so much easier over your skin and it really does what it says it will, after I have shaved my legs they felt extremely smooth and soft and the blades cut really close to your skin again helping to leave them smooth. The razor glides so smoothly over your legs you cannot feel the blades at all. The shape of the handle and the material it is made of makes the razor very easy to grip even with wet hands in the bath so there is no worry of the razor slipping out of your hands. For me the only down side of the razor is the price, personally I think whilst it is within keeping of other similar razors price wise it is expensive, when I buy a razor I tend to go for the cheaper option that is of a reasonably good quality, personally I would not buy this razor at full price, whilst it is of an excellent quality and does exactly what it say it will I do think its a bit over priced. Overall I would recommend the Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor for the fact that it leaves your skin lovely and soft without the worry of cutting yourself.

• Jake_Speed published 13/08/2013
    A very nifty review.
  • dkm1981 published 12/08/2013
    Thanks - I think I'll have a look of one of these next time I go shopping.
  • pgn0 published 11/08/2013
    I saw these the other day, they looked a bit pricey. Nice review.

offers "Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk"