Wilkinson Sword Quattro Sensitive Disposable Razor for Women

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Sensitive Disposable Razor for Women

Review of "Wilkinson Sword Quattro Sensitive Disposable Razor for Women"

published 30/09/2015 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro smooth & close shave, girly looking, comes with blade cover, pivoting head
Cons may not be as good as a razor with replacement blades
Quality of shave
Durability of the razor
Durability of the blades

"Sensitive Disposable Razors that I would purchase again."

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Sensitive Disposable Razor

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Sensitive Disposable Razor

= = = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = = =
It was approaching the end of the month and although I was completely skint until pay-day which was in around 4 days I was absolutely desperate for some razor's as the hairs on my legs were getting a little too long for my liking and my arm pits were also starting to look a little stubbly as well; which is NOT a good look. I know the replacement blades for my razor are quite expensive at over £10 for a set of three so I decided that disposable razors would be a cheaper option for now until payday came. I have only used disposable razors once and although they were OK; they weren't exactly great so I decided to go for a completely different brand to the one I chose last time I purchased disposable razors in the hope that they may be slightly better than the last ones. I'll admit I don't shave my legs all the time as I have sensitive skin which can become irritated and sometimes quite dry, especially during the colder months and winter. On the other hand I still don't want my legs looking or feeling really hairy either and I don't think my boyfriend would like that much either, so off to Superdrug I went. I normally shop in Boots but I knew the disposable razor's were on offer in Superdrug and seeing as I had limited finds anyway I wanted to get cheapish razors but one's that were going to be reasonable quality as well. I was looking at spend around £3-£4 for some disposable razors and although there were packs or razors at very cheap prices; including Superdrug's own brand of disposable razors I decided to go for this pack of Wilkinson Sword disposable razors.

I was drawn to this brand more so than some of the other brands of disposable razors as my main razor which I can buy replacement blades for is by Wilkinson Sword and I find it a good razor. Also the previous disposable razors I purchased were by Gillette and I didn't think they were that good. Although there was other Wilkinson Sword disposable razors (even sparkly/glittery disposable razors) to choose from I chose these as they are suitable for suitable skin and were cheaper than the others. The disposable razors come in a pack of three ad have 4 ultra thin blades per razor to give you a close shave for long-lasting, silky smooth legs by protecting them from nicks and cuts, whilst also caring for sensitive skin. The pivoting head follows the contours of your body making shaving quick and easy. The razors have an extra large conditioning strip with aloe formula to keep your skin in great condition. The handle to each disposable razor is a pink colour so looks nice and girly; although as it goes into the head of the razor where the blades sit the colour goes into white. The pink and white colours almost look slightly pearlised. The razors do have a protective cap to cover the blades to ensure they stay protected when not in use. This makes them perfect for travelling as well. The razors come in plastic packaging with a cardboard back to them. You can clearly see the three disposable razors inside the packaging and the colour of them. On the front of the packaging it states that these are suitable for sensitive skin. On the back of the packaging you can find a little more about the product; although not a great deal. The packaging is easy to open simply by pressing on the perforated markings on the back of the packaging which is made from cardboard. Once you have done this you can take a razor out easily.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = = =
The disposable razors come in a pack of three only and are priced at £5.76 full price from either Boots or Superdrug; how-ever I managed to get these for £3.83 when they were on offer at Superdrug.

Using the Razor
= = = = = = = = =
The razor is nice and light-weight and the handle feels slightly rubbery so I was able to get a good grip on the razor handle even with wet hands. The end of the handle is slightly textured as well which enables you to get a good grip on the handle when using it. I like that the razor is a nice, bright shade of pink, despite not normally liking the colour pink. To use the razor you need to remove the cover that protects the blade. This slides off easily and you need to keep it so you can replace it for when the razor is not in use. When using the razor on the underarm area due to the pivoting head I am able to shave this area easily without nipping the skin. The blades on the razor is nice and sharp so I only have to go over the area once or twice in order to ensure all the hair there is removed. I have shaved my underarms with the razor using shaving gel a couple of time and without using shaving gel. When using shaving gel I find that the razor glides over my skin more easily and my skin is left feeling really smooth and soft. When I don't use the shaving gel the conditioning strip obviously works well as my underarms are still left feeling smooth and looking moisturised. I have obviously also used the razor on my legs as well and again due to the pivoting head I was able to shave my knee's and legs without nipping my skin at all. Again I found that the razor glides smoothly over my legs although I find the razor nicer to use, using a separate shaving gel. My legs sometimes get dry which is why I choose to use a shaving gel with the razor when shaving my legs. My legs are always left feeling smooth and soft after shaving them. After using the razor I always give it a good rinse and then replace the cap, which just slides back on, to protect the blades when not in use.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = = =
When going into my local Supderdrug store to purchase some razors I didn't have any specific brand in my mind; although I had already decided not to purchase any Gillette disposable razors as the last one's I purchased weren't very good and the blades went rusty quite quickly. I like the look of these one's as they looked nice and girly. I may have gone for the sparkly/glittery disposable razors had I of had a little more money to spend on them. As the razors all have covers on the blades I removed all of the razors from the packaging and placed them into a small basket where I have other beauty products as the packaging is quite bulky and takes up a little too much room for my liking. The razors look nice and they are very light-weight and are nice and easy to hold even with wet hands. I like that the handle feels slightly soft so it's comfortable when using it as well. The razor does a brilliant job at removing unwanted hair from my legs and underarm and after shaving my skin feels smooth and soft. My skin didn't feel irritated after shaving as well which was good. Although you can use the razor alone I prefer using a shaving gel for a smoother shave. The pivoting head on the razor is what enables you to get a really good close shave and you are less likely to nip yourself as well. I am able to use the razor a good couple of times on my legs and underarms before I have to think about throwing it away and start using another one. In terms of value I think they are very reasonable, especially when they are on offer although even at full price I would purchase them as well. I didn't actually come across any problems with these razors and I think they are great for regular use or for taking away on holiday or for a weekend away.

• shellyjaneo published 06/11/2015