Review of "Wilkinson's Cotton Pads"

published 03/05/2012 | trayrope
Member since : 30/03/2010
Attempting a comeback..
Pro Good value, soft, multi purpose.
Cons A bit hard to get the last few out the pack

"Cheap and cheerful, Wilkinson's cotton wool pads."

While in Wilkinsons a couple of weeks ago I decided to purchase some 2 in 1 cleanser and toner, while making this purchase I realised I would need some way of applying the cleanser/toner to my face so I went on the hunt for some cotton wool.

I had a look at the different cotton wool on offer and chose these Wilkinsons skin therapy cotton wool pads over cotton wool balls or cotton pleats as they were relatively cheap (89p I think) and I did not want cotton stuck to my face (Santa style) as has previously happened while trying to cleanse using pleats or balls.

The cotton wool pads come in a plastic tube with a drawstring at the top so once you have opened them you can easily reseal them to keep them clean and fresh. There are approximately 100 cotton wool pads in a pack and I think this makes them great value as using two cotton wool pads a day gives you fifty days use for less than a pound.

Each cotton pad measures approximately 5.5cm across and is a couple of mm thick, both sides of the cotton wool pad are smooth and soft and sandwich together a fluffy interior.

As I use the pads for cleansing/toning I find them quite absorbent. I need to squirt about a five pence piece size blob on to a pad, the blob will sit there till I fold the pad over and smoosh the cleanser/ toner around a bit. Once I have done that I can then cleanse/tone. The cotton pads glide smoothly over my face, they do not drag or pull and along with the cleanser/toner they lift all the impurities of the day off my face and leave my skin feeling refreshed and soft. The pads hold together well and do not fall to bits or leave fluff on my face.

I have found that once I get about two thirds of the way down the tube it is harder to get a cotton wool pad out due to the ruckling up of plastic when I put my fingers in to pull a pad out. I have to manipulate the cotton pads up the plastic tube to enable me to get one easily.

The packaging claims that the cotton wool pads are 100% pure and kind on all types of skin. They are made of 100% pure cotton and are manufactured using natural fibres and may contain small traces of cotton seed, husk or stalk. I have never come across any foreign objects in my cotton wool pads and if I did I would just discard the contaminated pads in favour of other ones from the tube.

The cotton wool pads come with Wilkinsons 28 day money back guarantee, so if for any reason you were dissatisfied with them you could return them for replacement or refund as long as you still had your receipt.

In conclusion I recommend these pads, they are perfect for using with cleanser/toner, my daughter uses them to remove nail polish and I would have no hesitation using them to bathe cuts or grazes. All in all a good value product from Wilkinsons that does the job you buy it for.

Thank you for reading.

Also on Ciao/Dooyoo.

• BrookieFan99 published 19/05/2012
    Good review, but I am currently using Boots Baby Cotton Wool Balls x200 £1.65 & they won't stick to your face