Wilkinsons Everyday Value Furniture Polish

Wilkinsons Everyday Value Furniture Polish

Furniture Polish/Cleaning

Review of "Wilkinsons Everyday Value Furniture Polish"

published 15/04/2012 | A-me
Member since : 31/08/2011
Pro bargain, works, smells nice and strong
Cons smell may not be for everyone
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"why spend more?"

I can think of a lot of things I am willing to spend a fair amount on but furniture polish is not one of those things. When I was in wilkinsons I was browsing the polishes to find the cheapest possible, as in my opinion polish is polish and I doubt there is all that much difference between this and the more expensive ones. This was the cheapest at around 30-35p I believe for 300 ml – bargain!

Being a basic brand this is not the most attractive thing out there but it is certainly a very eye catching bright yellow. I’m not really too bothered about the packaging as it’s not exactly a product I have on display and the can is very practical.

On the front it simple states ‘Wilko every day value furniture polish’ with a simple picture of some furniture. The back gives directions for use – although I am sure we are all aware of how to use polish. It also states to not use this product on floors, inner surfaces of baths and showers, and unsealed or waxed wooden surfaces.
When sprayed a good amount of product is dispensed, not too much nor too little. This looks like any typical furniture polish – white and a little bit foamy.

The smell is very strong which personally I love, but others may not. I only tend to use this on my desk and bedside table but it seems to do the job. I use a typical duster alongside this polish and it leaves surfaces ever so slightly shiny for a while, not greasy in the slightest, and looking and smelling clean and fresh. I vary between spraying directly onto a surface or onto the duster and then the surface depending on what it is. After using this polish I don't feel the need to polish again until a few days later.

This is fantastic value for money and since I bought it a few months ago I have barely made a dent in the amount so I would estimate that it would last me up to a year – not bad for only 30p or so!

Highly recommended from me

• Bollinger28 published 30/05/2012
    You can't go wrong at @ 30p :o)
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 16/04/2012