Wilko Functional Dish Brush

Wilko Functional Dish Brush

Washing Up/Dishes

Review of "Wilko Functional Dish Brush"

published 22/06/2015 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro helps to shift stuck on food, good quality, cheap
Cons might not be as good as others, no comfort handle

"Perfect for my shaker but also good for dishes."

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
I have a shaker which I use to drink various sports shakes in after working out at the gym and although the shaker cup is great it's a bit of a task to clean the lid as sometimes the shake can get stuck in parts of the lid, meaning that despite cleaning it, the shakes still smells pretty awful sometimes. The part of the lid in which the shake gets stuck in is quite thin so it's hard to get a dish cloth or scourer sponges into the gap. I did use the tip of a sharp knife a few weeks ago to clean it out and this did the trick but I thought a dish brush would do a much better job and a safer job as well. Hopefully the bristles to the brush would get into the nooks and crannies so I would be able to clean it better each time I use it. The dish brush is white and is made from white plastic. It's not the most attractive dish brush and I would have preferred a black or silver one but this was the cheapest one available which is why I purchased this particular one in the first place. The dish brush has a round head which has the handle come out from it and long white plastic bristles to ensure you can clean your dishes, pans and other kitchen items well.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
I purchased this from Wilkinson's for just 30p which I thought was a bit of a bargain even if I only get a few uses out of it.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
As the handle to the brush is just plastic it's probably not the most comfortable dish brush around but I am able to get a good grip on it in order to be able to scrub the lid to my shaker to ensure it gets a good clean. The bristles to the brush are nice and long which gets into the nooks and crannies of the lid to the shakes getting rid of any of the powder or shake that has got stuck there after drinking the shake. The brush is nice and light and it can be rinsed off easily after each use. I normally squirt a little washing up liquid on the brush to ensure that I am giving my shaker a very thorough clean. This brush probably isn't the strongest of brushes either and with a fair amount of force the handle would probably bend or snap; but I can imagine people putting too much pressure on the handle when using it anyway. I have also used the brush on pots and pans and it helps to rid of any food that might be stuck to the side of the saucepan and on glass baking trays as well. The front of the brush just above the bristles is is slightly flatter and a little pointed and this can be used to try and shift stuck on food and other things. This seems to work very well too.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
I did purchase this dish brush for the sole purpose of cleaning out my shaker but to be honest I used it for saucepans, glass baking trays and even plates sometimes. The bristles on the brush are stiff but not too stiff so it does help to loosen any stuck on food that might be on anything. Since using this brush on my shaker I now feel happier drinking from it knowing that it's completely clean. I obviously also prefer using the brush to clean out the shaker rather than a sharp knife which isn't exactly the safest choice. Although this isn't the prettiest of dish brushes and isn't as strong as other's for the money I actually think it's very reasonable. It's lasted me a good couple of months so far and I expect it to last me a lot more as the bristles to the brush haven't bent out of shape yet. If you are looking for a cheap dish brush that does the job then I would recommend this one.

• danielclark691 published 15/12/2015