daisyleex 5

daisyleex

Member since:25.05.2011

Wilko Large Plastic Dog Bed

10.04.2012

Advantages:
Cheap, durable, dogs like it

Disadvantages:
None

43 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. jojoborne
  2. wigglylittleworm
  3. Wee_Jackie_163

As a lot of people who read my reviews regulary will know, I have four dogs. They are all really sociable and like to sleep on my bed or on the sofa snuggled up together, however my chocolate labrador Pip started becoming quite grumpy when she hit the age of about 3, and ever since she's always wanting her own space. She started to act quite strangely and would sit in the corner of the room groaning or run off upstairs. Because of this we decided about a year ago to buy her a simple dog bed to go in the living room in a corner where she could go to relax and be alone but still be part of the family environment rather than upstairs in the dog cage we have or on my bed on her own (the other dogs stay downstairs until everyone in the house goes to bed).

We ended up getting a plastic dog bed from Wilkinsons about a year ago now on the off chance - I spotted it and thought it'd be ideal - it was nice and simple. My mum bought it and paid £13.99 for it which I think is a good price and the current price is still £13.99. There was a range of brands and styles but this is the wilkinson's own brand. We bought this as it seemed the most durable - the others were fluffy or mattresses and my dogs would tear a soft bed to bits within half an hour. There were a variety of sizes including small, medium and large so there's a size for every breed of dog and we got the large.

The measurements for the large bed are as follows - 26cm high, 89cm wide and 59cm deep. The measurements for the other sizes are easily accesible and can be viewed on the Wilkinson's website incase anyone is interested. The bed is plenty big enough to fit a folded up duvet in and all of my dogs including my husky are able to fit in it, although admittedly it is a bit of a squeeze for him, bless him! It's the perfect size for a large labrador though like Pip and she fits snuggly inside the bed with her head touching one end and her bum touching the other. She normally sleeps in the fetle position in this bed and you can tell she feels secure and happy when in it.

The bed is available in a range of colours including blue, red and black. We have a creamy beige wallpaper in our living room and opted for black as it was the most simplistic and it didn't clash with the decor, it doesn't stand out and it looks quite neat tucked away in the corner of the room. It gives Pip her own space away from the other dogs and although they often nip in it to sniff around for treats, it is definietly Pip's little space. The bed is made of a very durable, thick plastic and although it's large it isn't too heavy. It's not too bulky either and washing it is quite easy as it's smooth plastic, however if it gets mud on it you need to wash it straightaway while the mud is still wet else it seriously takes ages to get dry mud off!!

These dog beds overall are a bargain. Pip loves hers and it's still in good condition apart from some minor chew marks! Very affordable and great value for money; 5/5.

Pictures of Wilko Plastic Dog Bed Assorted Large
Wilko Plastic Dog Bed Assorted Large Pip in the bed
Wilko Plastic Dog Bed Assorted Large

Wee_Jackie_163 11.04.2012 09:14

Love the pic! :) x

moistbabe 10.04.2012 20:22

Oh what an adorable dog! x

rcleary57 10.04.2012 19:00

I am looking for a bed for my Lab who seems to be growing in front of my eyes, he has had 2 fabric beds so I think the next will be one of these. Great Review. Thank You