Winning Moves The Simpsons Playing Cards

Winning Moves The Simpsons Playing Cards

Review of "Winning Moves The Simpsons Playing Cards"

published 07/05/2012 | Myredpip
Member since : 18/01/2011
Live for today because tomorrow never comes x
Pro Nice to hold and easy to shuffle
Cons None
Playability & Enjoyment
Design & Presentation

"Love The Simpsons? Then you'll Love These."

The Simpsons playing cards

We play a lot of card games in our household, so we like to have different packs to suit our mood. We could play with the usual, normal, standard deck of cards which yes we do have several decks in fact, but they can get boring after a while so we bought ourselves a few other, themed decks to make our card games a little more interesting.

As we all love The Simpsons in our household, it went without saying that I had to buy a Simpsons deck of cards. They are presented in the usual cardboard box that most decks of cards come in. The box is brightly coloured in yellow and red with “The Simpsons playing cards” written all over it. The deck itself consists of 52 playing cards and 2 jokers. I really like these cards because they are not what I personally would have expected from the Simpsons range, to me The Simpsons is all about wild and wacky colours, but these cards surprised me when I first looked at them. On the usual 2 through 10 cards the only colour to be seen is the suit symbol and number on the two corners of the card. The picture itself is as if it has been drawn with pencil, more like a sketch of each character. For some reason I really like this about these cards, it makes them that little bit classier in my opinion. The aces in the pack have a bold coloured symbol in the middle with “The Simpsons” written in yellow across the middle. The Jacks, Queens and Kings are a little bit more colourful, with a different character on each card, sitting in the position of the royal that would usually be sat there. This makes these particular cards in each individual suit look really good I think.

The look and feel of these cards is good, nice quality, with the cards being a tad smaller in size than a usual deck, making them a little easier to hold. They feel nice in my hands when I shuffle and deal as the cards have a sort of coating on both sides making them easy to play with. The backs of the cards have yellow and red diamonds on, with little sketches of the characters drawn onto the red diamonds in yellow. Finishing off with, “The Simpsons” written in red across the middle of every card.

There’s nothing bad to say about these cards as they serve their purpose well, we’re happy with them and they do seem to be lasting quite a long time, they are in no way bent or dog eared like I find a usual deck of cards seem to end up like. The overall quality of these Cards is very good.

To be honest I can’t remember how much I paid for these cards, I know it wasn’t a lot just a few pounds. I’ve looked online and you can pick a pack of these cards up for around £3.00. If you enjoy playing card games then I would recommend this set as they are really nice to hold, unlike some other decks I’ve come across before.

Thank you for reading my review which may also appear on other sites.

• Mildew82 published 08/05/2012
    £3 isn't bad for the brand name - I think I'd quite like a pack of these!
  • dawnymarie published 08/05/2012
    Nicely done ;) x
  • Alyson29 published 07/05/2012
    I love The Simpsons especially Maggie x

Product Information : Winning Moves The Simpsons Playing Cards

You've got to hand it to the Simpsons, they're an original pack if ever there was one! If you're a fan of cards and stylish design then this is definitely the deck for you. Featuring a full cast of regular characters you'll be mixing it (shuffling!) with the rich and famous for hours at a time.Suitable for children ages 12 and up. Superior quality playing cards featuring characters from the Simpsons tv series

Type: Card Game