Review of "Wintec Saddle"

published 23/05/2015 | theagrey
Member since : 20/05/2015
Pro Easy to keep clean, cheap, good to ride in
Cons May not fit all horses, girth strops may be broken after a while
Style
Fit

"Wintec Saddle, quality at a lower cost"

About the saddle

The Wintec Saddle is a great saddle at a low cost. You can choose between three models, dressage, jumping and allround. Personally I've got the synthetic dressage model, and I adore it! It is very comfortable to ride in, and it also seems like my horse likes it. In the beginning we had some issues with getting it to fit properly, but it looks like we've solved that problem. The good thing about the Wintec Saddle is that it is possible to change the barrier size and insert "pads" specially designed to rise the back of the saddle, so that the saddle will fit to almost all kinds of horses!
My experience is that if you give it an effort it will fit to both coldblooded and hotblooded breeds, but of course, every horse is individual and I'm not saying that the saddle will fit straight away only with changing the barrier size. I would strongly recommend to get a specialist to help you!

The dressage model

I bought the Wintec 500 Dressage model a few months ago, after I've borrowed an older model from a friend. For me as a hobby rider it is close to perfection. It fits my horse(a standardbred) very well after doing some adjustments with the standard barrier size that comes with it, it is very comfortable for me to ride in, it's easy to keep clean and it did't cost a fortune. From 17.0" and above, the knee caps are at a perfect size, but I know that the 16.5" model is a bit shorter, I guess it would fit great for young/short riders(I'm about 1.68, and the 17.0" is perfect for me). Be aware that you would want to choose a saddle that fits your horse, a 17.5" saddle might not be the best option for your Shetland pony!
The CAIR Cushion System replaces the normal, traditional fillings(often wool) with air, which distributes the perssure on the horse's back evenly.

Why choose synthetic instead of leather?

Why should you choose synthetic instead of leather? Well, first of all, it's a lot cheaper! If you don't want to spend all your money on a saddle, a synthetic Wintec Saddle is a great choice. It is also a lot easier to keep clean, as you can just clean it with pure water, there's no need for leather soap or oil or anything! One thing you'll have to keep in mind if you buy the synthetic model, is that the girth strops may be broken after a little while, but it is possible to change them at a low cost, and to prevent that from happen you may also by a "protector"(not really sure how to say that, I've only seen it once, never really heard what it's called).

Link: http://www.hooks.no/produktsida/skjotegjord/46810/46811/ (sorry it's in norwegian, but at least you can see the picture).

Summary

The Wintec Saddle is a great choice if you don't want to spend too much money on a saddle, but still want quality. It is very comfortable and easy to get to fit to different types of horses(with correct help of course). The saddle is easy to keep clean as it is synthetic, but be aware of the girth strops may have to be replaced after a while.

• CelticSoulSister published 23/05/2015